this weekends gp racing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this weekends gp racing....

hi guys ,,,o.k. i won,t say who won,,, but,,, what are bloody ducati doing too rossi,,, its pittiful watching a multi champion struggle too get 11th this weekend ,,, his aussie team manager said they only have 2 complete motor for the remaing 4 races and practice testing as well ,, as well as that they only have 2 transmissions to nurse along... i hope they can dig themselves out of the hole regards oldgrumpy

I went to sleep during the race .
    Didn't go to sleep during the Moto2 though .

Cheers , Simon .

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Aussies only posting so far? Hmmmmmmmm????
      Johno

current rides 1981 GS1000G and 2005 GSX1400
      1977 Kawasaki KZ400 D4

previous bikes 1978 GS1000HC
      1977 GS400
      1974 Montesa 250
      1960s Kawasaki 175

Comment

I'll add to those Australian numbers.
        Even though I have successfully avoided all MotoGP this year.
        I've caught as many Moto2 as I can though.

Comment

ducati, and rossi have basically written this year off and are now just using the rest of the season to develop next years bike. they are already using the 2012 frame, built for the 990cc engine so they have to modify each 800cc engine to fit in the frame, thats why they have gone through so many engines.
          hopefully by the start of next season rossi will have developed the bike into a race winning machine.
          and yes, the moto 2 race was absolutely NUTS. very enjoyable racing
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Hmmm I'm guessing I should try to find the time to watch the Moto2 race... I did find the MotoGP race quite boring except for one mid field battle... becoming a little bit of an annoying trend!

And yes, Ducati definitely are using this as development time. Everyone keeps saying twin spar frame for next year, but we'll see I guess... that would be sacrilege for Ducati and if the new carbon one and the older steel ones are so bad, how come Stoner could ride it so much faster than Rossi can? Admittedly there were crashes, but it's still the bike he won on in 2007...
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
              Hmmm I'm guessing I should try to find the time to watch the Moto2 race... I did find the MotoGP race quite boring except for one mid field battle... becoming a little bit of an annoying trend!

And yes, Ducati definitely are using this as development time. Everyone keeps saying twin spar frame for next year, but we'll see I guess... that would be sacrilege for Ducati and if the new carbon one and the older steel ones are so bad, how come Stoner could ride it so much faster than Rossi can? Admittedly there were crashes, but it's still the bike he won on in 2007...
              because the bike was built around the more powerful 990cc engine, that is why they are all out testing a frame ready for next year to plonk the bigger engine in.
              the "lack" of power in the 800cc engines dont give the chassis and suspension as much feel and flex as the bigger brutes
              1978 GS1085.

Comment

The question really is: will Rossi stay with Ducati next year?
                Ducati's chief engineer appears very stubborn about the carbon frame.
                As carbon cannot deflect much and as the frame is very short there is no flexibility left to absorb bumps at over 50° of lean angle.
                The racers rely on the feedback from the front tire and I suppose some need more feedback while others ( like Stoner) probably less.
                It's amusing to recall that Mike Hailwood said that his 500 cc Honda bike had a hinge in the middle...
                Ducati doesn't know where to fit the hinge.
                In any case Stoner is in exceptional form this year and ...he's on the best bike so no wonder the races are more boring.
                sigpicJohn Kat
                My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
                GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Originally posted by John Kat View Post
                  The question really is: will Rossi stay with Ducati next year?
                  Ducati's chief engineer appears very stubborn about the carbon frame.
                  As carbon cannot deflect much and as the frame is very short there is no flexibility left to absorb bumps at over 50° of lean angle.
                  The racers rely on the feedback from the front tire and I suppose some need more feedback while others ( like Stoner) probably less.
                  It's amusing to recall that Mike Hailwood said that his 500 cc Honda bike had a hinge in the middle...
                  Ducati doesn't know where to fit the hinge.
                  In any case Stoner is in exceptional form this year and ...he's on the best bike so no wonder the races are more boring.
                  no doubt rossi will stay with ducati, he wants to end his career in an all italian style
                  1978 GS1085.

Comment

He has publicly stated that next year he is under contract to stay at Ducati...

And you raise a good point there Agemax, which may be why the issues really only appeared with the carbon headstock which obviously was designed only with the 800 in mind...
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

It really has been a horrible season, spectator wise. I have also noted for the first time that the commentary now shifts more to the mid runners and even tail enders where more of the action seems to occur.

It really is a shame about Rossi this year. When I heard he was going to be riding the Duc I was sure he was going to hand the "youngsters' a spanking this season. I don't think I've ever seen him start so far in the grid ever before and it almost seems that his days are over. He did show some of the old spark in his rise up from the penalty start but it looked like he was fighting the bike most of the way. I'm almost wishing he'd stayed with the Yam.

There's no question that Stoner is a great rider and on track to winning this season but he's not someone I can warm up to, same as Lorenzo. I think Spies has great potential as does Simoncelli but I wish Hayden could do better. I'm still a huge Rossi fan but I think I need to find a new "hero" to root for.

Well I guess there is next year isn't there.

cheers all,
                      Spyug

Comment

[QUOTE=spyug;1505258]
                        There's no question that Stoner is a great rider and on track to winning this season but he's not someone I can warm up to, same as Lorenzo.

You are a tough marker!
                        Johno

current rides 1981 GS1000G and 2005 GSX1400
                        1977 Kawasaki KZ400 D4

previous bikes 1978 GS1000HC
                        1977 GS400
                        1974 Montesa 250
                        1960s Kawasaki 175

Comment

Working...
                        X