Bad summer results in a new/old racebike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad summer results in a new/old racebike

My summer came to a crashing halt July 8th. I had a work accident that dislocated the patella on my right leg and completely tore the patella off the left leg.
    I was flat on my back or in a wheel chair for 5 weeks from the operations before the doctors allowed me to be mobile (crutches) again.The only place I could get to was the garage/shop next to the house. so I did what I could to keep busy.
    I had started a rebuild of a dragbike that I ran over 20 years ago, a couple of winters ago and then put it aside until a future time. Well, the future is here.
    Here is what I've built.

These pictures are from a race show a couple of weekends ago. I'm pretty pleased at how it all went together.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-23-2011, 01:02 PM.

and this ...

Comment

And I was able to cleanup my bracket bike too...

I've been released to go back to work tomorrow, but not to ride let alone race a motorcycle.

Comment

Looking good.

Best wishes on a speedy full recovery.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I would say that is a very rough way to get quality time in the shop.
          It looks like you will be having lots of fun next summer.
          Just curious, did they reattach the old patella tendon or put in a new synthetic one?
          What did they do about the kneecap?
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Hat off to you, Mr.Madjack57745 !! Does NASA know about your trackless rocket sleds...have any video links to share someday..very inspiring stories,absolutely..

Comment

Doc drilled the pattella and attached carbon fiber tendon supports by threading through the drilled holes, then over-sewed the tendons to the supports.
              Score card: (left side) 4 screws, 2 plates, 104 stitches, 37 staples
              (right side) 34 stitches, 26 staples

Comment

ouch

hope your in shape by next summer hopefully not the next one after.

WE need more dragbikers so stay off them 6millon dollar planks and drink fluids take vitamins eat your veggies

for heaven's sake get well. best wishes from here.
                SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
                X