Lost bolt on the choke lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost bolt on the choke lever

I lost the bolt that holds the choke lever on the carb. Its on a 1981 GS450L. I was wondering if anyone knows the thread type or size?

Very interesting, the two parts fiche that I looked at don't have a reference number for that bolt.

I would guess that it's either a 4 or 5mm bolt, maybe 8mm long.

You can find that bolt at Auto Zone or ACE Hardware.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Consider updating your profile with your location and your signature with your bike type.
      Also take a look at some of the info I have linked to in my signature.

Are you talking about the one next to #47 without a number? or #65?
      #65 I would replace with the OEM from any dealership.

The unnumbered one is a standard M4 that's 12mm long and has a lock washer on it. Most hardware stores should carry it, including Home Depot and Lowe's. Zinc will last longer than the black ones.
      Since you made me measure it and I'm about to order some more fasteners, I'm going to replace mine with a stainless steel one so it matches all the other fasteners I put on the carb.

Comment

Looking back from your earlier posts I saw you are in East Stroudsburg which is only like an hour from me.
        I've got some of the old screws of my carb that would fit that for you. I'm going to be heading to NJ tomorrow by way of the Delaware Water Gap so if you want, I can drop it off for you.
        The OEM screw would probably be better than the zinc as far as weather resistance.
        Last edited by Guest; 10-26-2011, 05:08 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

funny I had this exact same problem the last time I rode my '81 last week!

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
          X