Went out in the 2nd round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out in the 2nd round

Didn't have much luck on the last race of the year.

First the place was pack so I was parked at the end of the pits

Couldn't hear crap over the PA system and their radio broadcast kept going out.

My air compressor went out after the 2nd time trial, made a quick trip to the store for a second one just to find out it didn't work either, so I made a good one with parts from both.

1st round, I was the last to go so I dailed in a 6.40 and see the other guy dials in 6.40 too. WTF it's a dude on a Busa with a Turbo, great a Sandbagger. Felt good to send his a$$ back to the tower to buy back in.

2nd round I'm hoping the Busa would line up next to me in the staging lanes so I can yell at him, are you going to try that crap again !! But I got a V max instead.

He goes first and just sits there when the lite goes green and I can see it's going to be an easy win but I have a brain fart and end up pushing my damn delay box button instead of my air shifter button and I'm history. I really need to remove it cause I don't run the box anymore.

So that was my 9 hour day, not much fun waiting for 2 hours just to make a run just to go out in the 2nd round which is rare. I really hope next year they go back to a Friday night T&T with a Quick 16 cause I'll be there !

On a good note the bike getting faster, ran a 6.42 with a not so good 1.62 60fter. With a good 60ft might just crack the 9's one of these days.
    Last edited by RacingJake; 11-13-2011, 11:25 AM.
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Nice effort Jake ! Kudos for keeping the Old School Muscle alive. We'll be here next season for your ass kicking reports.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

good story - I miss drag racing already.

sounded like FUN!! I love it when 7:90 dragsters dial me heads up.

You may have gotten lucky because the 'busa got lost in the clock between 2 and 3 gear.. But you were definately rattled enough you had a race handed to you and screwed that up. V-sux with a squid onboard beat you? oh man say it aint so.

yelling at another racer for his choice of dial in?? Rich Christensen would be proud of you.. I'll be sure to dial you heads up if we ever get a chance to line up together - and I'll do it twice - after you go buy back in.

better work on concentrating on your own program because, as they say, " you are only as good as your last race".

do you race for points? how did you finish at your track?
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

No points for me, I just like showing up and beating up on a few ZX14's. Besides next year I'll have just one button so maybe it won't be me having to buy back in

Whats the use of having a turbo if you ain't going to use it ??

I had a better RT, 60ft and 330, so he was just hanging back and playing games thinking he'll take me on the topend, heck I looked back at him twice before crossing the line too.

That's OK, been thinking of going with a slider for next year and running nitrous again.
        1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Working...
        X