Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jets, where is a good place to find them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jets, where is a good place to find them?

Does anyone know of a website where I can find Jets for the Carbs on my 77 GS400X? I plan on running pods on it now but need to up-jet. However I don't want to buy a Dynojet kit for $90 just want to know where I can buy some new mains for relatively cheap. I would like to pick up two 120, 122, 125 and 127 so I can dial it in... I found jets for the B-12 for 2.50 each however they don't carry mains for the GS400.

Thanks guys!
    -J
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Is there a dyno kit for the gs400? I was looking around this summer and had no luck. the only thing i found was a questionable sigma6 kit on ebay.

Try jets r us. They dont have the 400 listed but they have the 450- same jets.

There are two types of pilot jets used in bs carbs:http://jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carbure..._BS_series.htm
    the strange thing is that my gs400 originally had the first style of pilot jet(no bleed holes)
    but the sizes only start at 30 -If I recall correctly, stock pilots are 22.5- smaller than is even available.

I just took a gamble and tried the second style (available in all sizes)-vm22-

seems to fit and works well. Shrug?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      Does anyone know of a website where I can find Jets for relatively cheap? I would like to pick up two 120, 122, 125 and 127 so I can dial it in... I found jets for the B-12 for 2.50 each however they don't carry mains for the GS400.

Thanks guys!
      -J
      I've bought jets for the Mikuni RS series carbs from www.JetsRus.com too. Seemed to be the least expensive place I could find on the web. Gets expensive in a hurry if you have to dial in the pilot, needle-jet, jet-needle and the mains. Wish they had a GSR "jet club" like they do for valve shims. By the way, where did you find those $2.50 jets for the B-12?
      Last edited by Guest; 11-26-2011, 05:47 PM. Reason: add web link to jetsRus

Comment

Thanks guys.
        Jets R us is my next stop. I have bleed holes in my 400X, that's weird yours didn't. What sized worked best for you Charbot? Are you running pods too? I might save some cash if I just run your jetting setup on my Sister bike.

Old Skool, I got my mains through my motorcycle shop. ProCycle in North Clarendon VT. They are stocked to the gills with Jets for the older GSX-R 1100 which use the same carbs as the Bandit 1200... I bought a stage 1 kit through Hole-shot which was a pretty penny but ended up switching to K&N pods(found a cheap deal for them) and needed to up jet... Again. Hole-shot was going to charge me $100 for the new mains and pilots... Went to my shop with the Jet sizes I needed and got them for a fraction of the cost. The kicker too was I had the pilots from the original Hole-Shot Kit and didn't need to re-buy the pilots. Hole-Shot wouldn't sell me the kit without the pilots... cost me $10 for my 150 mains.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Your bike has vm carbs? No need for a dj kit, they are more for cv carbs with pods.
          Z1 enterprises sells mains, dont know about pilots. Are the mains the large round type?
          Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

I have a set of #40 BS30/96 bleed type pilots

Comment

I've had great luck with both of these companies. Both have all the small jets, air bleeds and needles for most all models of Keihin and Mikuni carbs

http://www.carbparts.com/#

Comment

They are small round... If they were large round I would be in luck for I have a bunch of those..
              thanks guys
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

They are small round... If they were large round I would be in luck for I have a bunch of those..
                thanks guys
                They inter-change.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by madjack57754 View Post
                  I've had great luck with both of these companies. Both have all the small jets, air bleeds and needles for most all models of Keihin and Mikuni carbs

#
                  Sudco? I was under the impression that they were a wholesale distributor and didn't sell direct to the public. Thought you had to buy from one of their authorized retail vendors.

Comment

Yeah I know they interchange but the will not fit into my gs400X carbs for the main jet is sung right to the drain plug, so there is no way to install a large round in there. Stupid design! Trust me it was the first thing I tried...
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Your right about Sudco being dealer only. Forgot about that, as I had been setup as a dealer over 25 years ago, in addition to having Sudco as an associate sponsor on the racebikes. They took me out of their system over 10 years ago, so I no longer can just call up and buy.

Comment

Yeah I know they interchange but the will not fit into my gs400X carbs for the main jet is sung right to the drain plug, so there is no way to install a large round in there. Stupid design! Trust me it was the first thing I tried...
                        Can you mill the drain plug or drill a pocket for the jets with a groove to allow fuel in to them?
                        Is there room to take material off and still have enough threads to screw in flush?

Daniel

Comment

I thought about it but I fear the drain plug will not thread after... I don't really want to vandalize the 35 year old Carburetors.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Z1 sells both size main jets for a bout $2.75 each.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                            X