Proformace clutch systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proformace clutch systems?

So after all the things people said about Barnett ive decided to pass on that Clutch. So my question is does anyone know any decent/non costly racing clutches that would fit a 1983 GS750ES?

Or if you have one, I would be interested in purchasing

I would say stock with either new OEM springs or some Barnett springs. I don't know if anyone does a heavy duty backing plate for the 750. Shim the springs in the back of the clutch basket if they are loose.
    Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
    2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

K&L brand fiber plates are what I have in my clutch right now. About $7.00 a piece and you can buy any amount of plates you need. I like how they change color from heat cycles as they get older. I think the material may wear off more quickly than OEM suzuki or MTC but I don't mind.

I think MTC brand is closest to OEM cork stuff

FACT!! they all groove the basket. no matter what brand you use.

Gs clutches can get exotic. MTC chrome steel plates . plates made from copper in place for steel

Red springs are thicker wire but your left arm and cable will suffer. barnett springs seem the same as EBC springs and at 6 bucks a set you can get a lot of them - they fatigue quickly.

you can cut a stock spring and put a aluminum spacer in place of the space you remove (shorter spring is stiffer overall) or shim a stock suzuki spring - not that effective cause a washed out spring is just a washed out spring.

watch out because when you mess with the springs you have to be mindful of coil binding
      Last edited by trippivot; 11-30-2011, 12:14 PM.
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

EBC springs will give you a very stiff Clutch Lever compared to stock.

If you choose any kind of Stiff Spring.
        Make sure you only install Half of the springs and keep the other old ones in there.
        (unless you're drag racing)

Because If you run All 6 Stiff springs on a Daily Rider, your hand will fatigue quickly.
        It's no joke either, I blew my hand out riding in the winter, I guess I tightend
        everything up TOO good....boy that baby Jumped Forward during shifts!

But I had to limp my ass home with just the Shifter alone.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-30-2011, 04:52 PM.

Comment

You could use BallisticMotorsport clutches, the Fibers [ wont ] groove the outer basket....I've using them for several years and no wear problems....they're $80.00 for a set....Mike

Comment

Working...
          X