Ok question number 1 billion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok question number 1 billion.

Ok So I have probably bothered all of you with all my questions...BUT..

I have just found out that as of 2012 I need to have a belly pan on my 1983 GS750 project. Which means I need to switch the exahusts from a 4-2 to a 4-1 system to allow for the beely pan.

Which brings me to my question. I have been googling and ebaying for hours now and I cant find a pipe for it. everything is for a GS 750 not a GSX750ES. I know that they were once avalible but I guess they have faded out.

So your thoughts on, where I should look, whats out there. If I can take any pipes from anyother bikes (im running a KZ1000 header on my GS1000 curently). I just want to get this bike built and race ready.

Thanks

OK, some of us have not read all billion of your questions, so we don't remember what your "project" is, but keep in mind that in the US, the GSes that we got were, for the most part, just "GS". The bikes that went to the rest of the world, that were pretty much the same bike, were "GSX", especially the 16-valve engines like yours.

By the way, congrats on hitting one billion questions in only 24 posts.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

You should be able to use a pipe for a GS750 or 1100 just fine. I fit the VH pipe from my 83 GS1100ES to my 81 GS750 the other day. Fit the head with no problems.

Oh, don't worry about asking questions. Most here are more than happy to share their knowledge with others. Don't get discouraged if you get the 'ol "Try using the search feature." line.

Comment

IIRC the 83 has different exhaust port spacing than the earlier gen 750's.Early GSXR pipes fit.Not absolutely sure but that's what I remember.

Comment

Working...
        X