Air Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Clutch

Trip and I were talking about air clutches and I wanted see who else has any opinions about them. I know very little and figured this would be the place to ask. Thanks in advance...
    Curt
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

good in certain applications with a guaranteed air supply. bad idea on a bike. air runs out.......no clutch
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      good in certain applications with a guaranteed air supply. bad idea on a bike. air runs out.......no clutch
      you mean "all" clutch.
      the air holds the lever in and lets you leave off the delay box or button.
      i like the feeling of "throwing" the clutch out myself.

Comment

You still have a normally operating clutch when there is no air. The cable is still there & you have a normal clutch. The air clutch is designed to be used with a delay box so you can leave off a button & race from the top or bottom bulb of a Sportsman tree. They work but for ME are just another variable to give problems that I don't need. There are a lot of guys using them that swear by them & if I ever had to go racing on a Sportsman tree that's the way I would go as I don't like sliders. In Division 7 we run a Pro tree & that's my favorite so I get to stick to throwing the lever for now. Ray.

Comment

Thanks for the replys... I went dirt riding on Christmas eve and broke 3 ribs and a collar bone so I have time to figure out if thats what I want... wow, it hurts to type...
          Curt

Comment

get well as soon as possible.

I'm definately not getting a ice bike this year for sure now.

So sorry to hear, it helped me to drink a lot of water and take vitamins and calcium last time I knackered myself.

crank up the playstation

there is plenty of time to get you "button racing" - even if we have to wrap your torso for most of 2012.
            SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

And the bad thing is they don't wrap ribs or collar bones... I tried to stay in the hospital, but they said get out... I was liking the dilaudid pain killer. The hydrocodone makes me sick...
              Curt

Comment

Working...
              X