• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isle of Man video

I came across this video recently:http://zanylol.com/insane_race.html
    Not a good publicity for racing nor motorbikes in general
    sigpicJohn Kat
    My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
    GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Definately on my Bucket List is to just to ride the track on "Mad Sunday". Agreed, it does seem the carnage might not help the reputation. That video has several repeat shots of the same crash.
    I always liked this one...

Some of the same clips, but they dub the music in but leave some of the engine noise... All time Greats caght on film, and I like how they morph some of the old vintage footage from various decades into modern day at the same spot on the track. 3:48 always gives me the "willys", I think you will know it when you get there.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-07-2012, 07:18 AM.

Comment

It was nice to see Mike Hailwood and Giacomo Agostini at the TT...
      No chance to get our current GP superstars back there I'm sure but I don't blame them as dealing with 240 HP can't compare with the 70 ish horse power of the 500 cc of those days...
      sigpicJohn Kat
      My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,

Comment

Gotta love those Hacks!

Comment

Hey guys, the rider who so nearly fell out the back door is called Gary Carswell, strangley he went over that rise like a normal road rider for the next 3 laps hehehe-and if you think thats an insult,IT'S NOT these guys are abnormal geneticly how else do you explain going at 170+mph through blind bends-could you do it?, because I sure as hell couldn't Connors Cummins's accident was bad( the purple/green bike going off the side of the Verrandah) he only got back on a bike late this year.Why not come over to Ireland for some of the smaller races(same format less expensive).This year I'll get my finger out and video some of the circuits just to let you see what you are missing. Johnny

Comment

I'm glad to hear the guy recovered following that horrendous crash
            As much as I like the GP racers, I have the most profound respect for guys like Joey Dunlop who really lived for their passion of racing bikes.
            sigpicJohn Kat

Comment

Yeah Connor was pretty messed up, both legs, spinal fractures,badly broken left arm (and a lot more that I can't remember).If you can find the TT closer to the edge dvd you hear him talking about the crash(or at least the little he remembers of it) it is well worth the money and I am sure you can find it on Amazon.The other thing that may seem enlightening for anyone who has never seen racing on public roads is that Joey never had a road bike licence, when he was asked why he replied "riding on the road is too dangerous".I'll leave it up to you to come up with theories about that one!.Johnny

Comment

Originally posted by John Kat View Post
                ...Not a good publicity for racing nor motorbikes in general...
                All due respect but, I have to take issue here. We can't sugarcoat the hard facts that riding and racing carries risk. Those who wish to involve themselves in the sport need to know the risks going in!
                Trying to pretend that there are no risks or to minimize or hide them would only hurt the sport of motorcycling more in the long run.
                I think the film is fantastic because it packs every aspect of racing the IOM TT into it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
                  That video has several repeat shots of the same crash.

Sheep conversation....

Baaaa, Baaaaa, hey guys, the grass is really green and delicious over here by this road.....

OH F--K !!! LOOK OUT !! RUN !!!!
                  Last edited by bonanzadave; 01-08-2012, 06:18 PM.
                  82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Hahahaha, yeah you're probably right Dave, whereas our sheep would say something like "ooohhh, was that a misfire-he needs to check them injectors" or "he'll never last 10 laps with those compound tyres" or far more likley "yipee- you know what that noise means?-lots of people dropping sandwich crusts this weekend". This is the kind of thing that naturally pops into your head when you stand at the side of the road breathing in burnt racing fuel for over 30 years!.Johnny

Comment

Bear the mark with pride…

Hey Johnny,
                      How's Milky Quail doing now? He had a very nasty grind off a stone wall.
                      I think I read he was at this year's TT as a… I don't know what to say, an official surviver and celebrite?
                      Bill
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
                        ... I always liked this one...

... 3:48 always gives me the "willys", I think you will know it when you get there.
                        He must have been riding a Kawasaki H1 or H2. Common experience

Comment

Hi Bill, the next time I see him I'll tell him that!!( he comes over to the races here sometimes),he has retired from racing but he is now an ambassador for the races over there also he takes the new riders around the course(as I mentioned in the post below BUY that TT Closer To The Edge dvd) he takes the film crew around in his car you have to watch it-totally hilarious, by the way his allegeded first words after he came round from that "little off"(his description!!) were "who won".He is a really nice guy and had a lot of time to chat with me when I met him 3 years ago

Comment

This is the first time I have seen a quality slow-mo one. Really gives you a sense of just how far they lean the bike over!! And often the tires are off the ground.
                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                            No signature

Comment

Working...
                            X