Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buffalo racer

New to me project, not a gs but i figure someone will get a kick out of it
    full floating cast iron rotors with brembos, marzocci fork, redwing shocks,Nova reed conversion and trans,tm33s,electrix ign,marvic mags and two sets of swarbricks.looks like the turbo kat is on the backburner till this ones done.dont know what class this thing would fall in vintage racing but it,s something i might entertain in the future.Any buffalo experts in southern ontario i am gonna need some tech support on this one

Now THAT is cool!

Comment

Me likey the black and gold theme.
      Looks like it will be a hoot to ride when it is completed.

Daniel

Comment

Just another forum for your bike

Try this forum site if you don't know about it allready:
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
          Try this forum site if you don't know about it allready:
          www.suzuki2strokes.com/forum/index.php
          Great site with a more than a couple of good people (not nearly as many as here but a few) Look for a guy that goes by the name TZ375. If I recall, his name is Richard and he's extremely knowledgable and helpful.
          Good luck and keep thos pictures coming.
          Willie
          Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
          '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
          '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
          '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Very cool, Steve.
            30? years ago i had one with modified Dencos and a tiny port job from FBG.
            The forward mounted front calipers are interesting. Did yours have a life as an Endurance racer?
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              Very cool, Steve.
              30? years ago i had one with modified Dencos and a tiny port job from FBG.
              The forward mounted front calipers are interesting. Did yours have a life as an Endurance racer?
              Seems like it was being built to compete in some form of vintage road racing but never completed. The guy I got it from owned a bunch of Honda race bikes like actual cr750,s back in the day and must have had these parts kicking around. Nova says 120hp as the motors pretty trick but time will tell . Gord bush assembled the mill so it should be sweet. Thing was for sale on kijiji for couple weeks and the guy is moving so the price was right. Even got a 4ls 72 front end with it.Been 30 years since I had one and it was stock gonna definitely need some startup assistance with jetting and whatnot

Comment

Wow, that is darned cool.
                sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

I've been watching videos of those.
                  Rad bikes.

Comment

Looks good. El G.

Comment

Man, that's going to be just a great project. Love my GS's for sure, but I do have a soft spot for them smokers!!
                      You did well with that purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by jetta90 View Post
                        Man, that's going to be just a great project. Love my GS's for sure, but I do have a soft spot for them smokers!!
                        You did well with that purchase.
                        i liked it so much i got another,stone stock 77 B model. i am going to own one of every bike i had in the past and it was one of them.Got out for a spin on sunday not quite the power of the gs but sounds sweet never the less

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                          i liked it so much i got another,stone stock 77 B model. i am going to own one of every bike i had in the past and it was one of them.Got out for a spin on sunday not quite the power of the gs but sounds sweet never the less
                          Really neat. How do you like the handling? Is that the last year?
                          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                            Really neat. How do you like the handling? Is that the last year?
                            I will be putting a backrest/carrier on it so I can take our 8yr old with us this summer. I picked up a sweet 83 gpz 550 with 6k miles on it for my 17yr olds first ride and my 14 yr old can ride with his mom. As for the handling it's a bit soft but it rides great,has decent brakes and a great seating position. This will be my lets go for a leisurely spin ride. The 77 was the last year for the buffalo and it's my favorite as I like the gs styling.

Comment

just about finished and it sounds unwordly and pulls like a nasty triple two stroke should. will be shown at the Tottenham motorcycle show coming up this Saturday

Comment

Working...
                              X