PHILLIP ISLAND CLASSIC 2012 - Leigh Goes Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PHILLIP ISLAND CLASSIC 2012 - Leigh Goes Again

Well, here we are at the Australia Day weekend again.
    I am set to head off to the Island first thing in the morning.
    I was off tonight but a nail in the rear has laid that plan to rest.
    (No! The tyre, not my rear!)

I got a call from Simon last night, he and his wife have made it down and were ensconced in a "luxury apartment".
    I will give him a buzz in the morning when I land and drag him out through those sensational backhills.

Look for photos to come through the week upon my return.

Cheers...

Luxury apartment? What? Simon I thought you were a true GSR member?

Looking forward to the pic's Leigh, should be a blast!

Josh Brooks has taken over from Cam Donald on the XR69 and we got some good runners on Katanas naturally too

Wish I was there!
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I somehow don't think Leigh will care if the "luxury appartment" is a tarp roped between 2 trucks-I went down to TAS Suzuki and got the last of the old relentless team shirts for him.Judging by the reply he mailed to me after I told him his a very happy man!.I wish someone would bring one of those XR69 reps over here to race at one of our national 500-1000 classic races-they would just have to be damn quick getting it away from the circuit before I "borrowed" it hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Drummond View Post
        I somehow don't think Leigh will care if the "luxury appartment" is a tarp roped between 2 trucks-I went down to TAS Suzuki and got the last of the old relentless team shirts for him.Judging by the reply he mailed to me after I told him his a very happy man!.I wish someone would bring one of those XR69 reps over here to race at one of our national 500-1000 classic races-they would just have to be damn quick getting it away from the circuit before I "borrowed" it hehe
        Hahah yeah I'd think Leigh would be a happy man with that indeed

Except tragedy has struck already!!!

Go to www.mcnews.com.au, click the News link, and peek at the Josh Brookes crash gallery... one totalled XR69 (Brookesy is fine though)...

Edit: Shawn Giles and Steve Martin are on top so far... both on Katanas

sigpic

Comment

Another one of our members is at The Island for the meet as well, GTboy from Brisvegas. He is planning to be on the GS Ride we're having on the 5th of Feb so we'll get the good oil about the races and bikes from Paul as well, cheers.
          Shin-Ken 1074
          1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
          1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Ooops,who was it on the forum who said"I really want one of those but I'll never afford one"(Buffalo Bill mabye??) well I guess now they can have one!, I'll look for it in the project/rebuilds section-as long as the most irreplacable part ie.Josh is ok then the rest is just alloy,steel, plastic and paint-you begin to think like that after a few years of watching road racing, but I bet the pit crew were drawing straws to see who the unlucky guy was who owned up to Josh and phoned Phillip Neill!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shin-Ken 1074 View Post
              Another one of our members is at The Island for the meet as well, GTboy from Brisvegas. He is planning to be on the GS Ride we're having on the 5th of Feb so we'll get the good oil about the races and bikes from Paul as well, cheers.
              Aaaah cool, he's on one of the Katanas that's meeting up with us isn't he? Will definitely be good to hear about the races first hand... from Paul as well as Simon

Originally posted by Johnny Drummond View Post
              Ooops,who was it on the forum who said"I really want one of those but I'll never afford one"(Buffalo Bill mabye??) well I guess now they can have one!, I'll look for it in the project/rebuilds section-as long as the most irreplacable part ie.Josh is ok then the rest is just alloy,steel, plastic and paint-you begin to think like that after a few years of watching road racing, but I bet the pit crew were drawing straws to see who the unlucky guy was who owned up to Josh and phoned Phillip Neill!!
              I think it may have been Bill now that you mention it... and yeah that one oughta be goin' real cheap! Makes you wanna go and check your exhaust bolts don't it?

I had an embarrassing moment the other day... checked all my bolts after the first 1000km's then as I was heading up the road my right mirror swung lazily around in the breeze... guess I did miss a bolt after all

sigpic

Comment

Home.
                Knackered.
                I can still taste the racing fuel and castor oil.

I didn't take many photos, the camera went Ducati on me and failed to proceed.
                There are plenty of photos by mates, I will steal them tomorrow.

Simon, great to meet you and the now-not-so-mint Cooley.
                Oohsam, sorry mate, I simply ran out of time but I'll wander out to Berwick in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
                  Home.
                  Knackered.
                  I can still taste the racing fuel and castor oil.

I didn't take many photos, the camera went Ducati on me and failed to proceed.
                  There are plenty of photos by mates, I will steal them tomorrow.

Simon, great to meet you and the now-not-so-mint Cooley.
                  Oohsam, sorry mate, I simply ran out of time but I'll wander out to Berwick in a couple of weeks.
                  Sounds like a good weekend was had Leigh! Can't wait for the non-knackered update

Should get to meet the young Mr Kuether next Sunday too!

sigpic

Comment

Leigh, just keep thinking about next year, you'll get 3 oppertunities to breathe all the race fuel and castrol R you can handle!.Johnny

Comment

That's it! Your home and not one single picture. I'm snow bound in this cabin, deep in the wilderness for months on end, waiting for some fair weather excitement and I get "I'm Knackered, I didn't take to many pictures"......I've been waiting for months.

cg
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Charlie, just for you I will do my utmost to pull photos together tonight.

Here's a start..

Comment

Never did like TZ's much....there's been a rule here for a few years that you must have an extinguisher in every pit but a lot still haven't got one.
                          that pic is going to change some attitudes here...

Comment

Rightio..
                            Charlie, I hope you have yourself set..

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X