Staging light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staging light

Im looking for ideas or info on what others are using on there front wheel to block the beam when staging. Staging disk? I have an 18" spoke wheel. Hoping to improve my rollout. Thanks in advance

If the bike is jerking the wheel up out of the beam you can lower the wheelie bar if it's a bar bike. Ray.

Comment

I still have a couple weeks before my track opens. I maybe getting a head of myself, but looking at other bike I see a lot of them running a disk on the wheel. Wondering what material they use and how they fasten it to be safe?

Comment

Those are for the finishline lights. Nothing to do with staging except you don't want it to be polished & reflect back into the beam. Ray.
        Last edited by rapidray; 03-24-2012, 03:57 AM.

Comment

My bike just a circle of thin plastic material. We zip tied it to the spokes.

This is about the best picture I have.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks for the info and picture Bob, Ray thanks again for the info. I was focused on the wrong end of the track,

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
              My bike just a circle of thin plastic material. We zip tied it to the spokes.

This is about the best picture I have.

Hey that's MY bike

Comment

Don't quack, but I've been known to use duck tape a few times.
                1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

at least 2" wide , 16 gauge sheet metal or plastic or fiberglass. I use a set of tin snips to cut mine out. I also have it zip tied to the spokes . make sure it is dull not shinny - you want to cut the beams not reflect back to the eye - (it happens)

baatfam's picture is an excellent example - but I have seen much larger ones that go all the way to the center hub.

it really is for the finish line and MPH beams more than the starting line. You might be suprised how much fluxuation there is on your timing slip when you don't have one on.

bracket bike roll out is best with a 18" wheel = about .035 of a second - that is what I use for the practice tree settings

Your vehicle reaction time is what it sounds like you are trying to adjust. and that is a good subject to discuss because there are several ways to slow or quicken how fast your bike pulls out of the beams.

I use a shim under the inner clutch hub to adjust air gap so I don't have to "split the bulb"
                  SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Good stuff Tripp, thanks for the info. My first day on the track will be the 14th. I'm sure I'll have a few more questions.

Comment

I wish you the best -- keep good notes if you want to succeed
                      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
                      X