GS Racing 1973 to 1987

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS Racing 1973 to 1987

I all, fairly new GSR member, some might have seen the Hi from Norway thread. I'm also a fairly new owner of 2 gs 750 and 2 gsx1100 engines with two Harris frames.
    I've started researching teams that raced in any FIM series 73-87(formula TT, World Endurance), but placing bets on more than one horse ups ones chances
    The XR69 is the bomb

So I'm calling out to everyone on the GSR site: "HELP PLEASE"
    Does anyone know, have info, pictures of teams racing a gs bike or gs engined bike?

Oh, and if anyone knows a good thread when it comes to more bhp don't be a stranger, give me a shout , yes yes I know handling comes first, but that should be sorted, koni, ohlins, astralites, dymags, marzocchi is all in the bag.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-03-2012, 01:58 AM.

Heisan. Google Wes Cooley, for eksempel. Han kjørte en Yoshimura GS1000 fra 78 omtrent, og vant mange løp.

Se her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4OB...eature=related

And this Swedish nutter has apparently set the standard for putting modern bits and pieces on a GSX. Should get you drooling...
    Last edited by Guest; 04-05-2012, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hovmod View Post
      Heisan. Google Wes Cooley, for eksempel. Han kjørte en Yoshimura GS1000 fra 78 omtrent, og vant mange løp.
      Hei og takk / Hi and thanks
      AMA superbike series isn't all that interesting when it comes to the best bike of the era, cool looking, but wouldn't stand a chance against a special endurance or F1 bike.

I know the Suzuki Factory Endurance team used the 750 engine, bored out to 900+cc but I'm having a hard time finding info/pics. McIntosh, Dunstal, Harris, Bimota, Gus Kuhn all used the GS750 engine in something that could handle(more then the factory made street bikes atleast), Tony Foale also made good frames back then, but if a GS750 engine was ever put in one I don't know, I'm sure it was, but I need a race bike.

Comment

1983 world endurance title winner

XR41 with GS1000 motor

Mick grants XR41

Crosbys 1980 twin shock XR69

1981 XR69 Full Floater

Comment

roger freeths mcintosh GSX1100 motor hisearlier bike had the GS1000

2Nd Mcintosh GS1000 motor built raced by dave hiscock later robert holden

Last edited by Guest; 04-06-2012, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Good on ya ozman, Thank You very much.
            The Heron Suzuki XR69 1980 looks very much like a Harris job.

Comment

Originally posted by speedyandypandy View Post
              I all, fairly new GSR member, some might have seen the Hi from Norway thread. I'm also a fairly new owner of 2 gs 750 and 2 gsx1100 engines with two Harris frames.
              I've started researching teams that raced in any FIM series 73-87(formula TT, World Endurance), but placing bets on more than one horse ups ones chances
              The XR69 is the bomb

So I'm calling out to everyone on the GSR site: "HELP PLEASE"
              Does anyone know, have info, pictures of teams racing a gs bike or gs engined bike?

Oh, and if anyone knows a good thread when it comes to more bhp don't be a stranger, give me a shout , yes yes I know handling comes first, but that should be sorted, koni, ohlins, astralites, dymags, marzocchi is all in the bag.
              Did you see my thread on the XR 69 belonging to Dominique Meliand the guy heading the SERT team that won many of the endurance races over the last 20 years?
              Use this forum to discuss racing your GS. Bike mods, gear requirements as well as sanctioning body requirements are some of things that are talked about in this forum.
              sigpicJohn Kat
              My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
              GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Sweet John Kat, thanks

I think I've a good idea what to do with the harris frame and gsx1100 engine

Don't know yet where to go with the harris frame and gs750 engine

Comment

Working...
                X