60 foot times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 foot times

Looking for some help? My 60 foot times are all over the board. On a good pass 1.4 up to 1.7 I'm running a 7" slick with 10 psi stock 1100 motor 38 lectron carbs dyna two step. Launch at 5700 throwing the clutch wide open throttle. Shift rpm 8800. Bike runs 10.20 to 10.70. It's all in the 60 when the bike lauches it runs on the 10.20. I'm wondering if it's traction? Or rpm? Bike dosent feel like its spinning the tire? I started out launching at 5500 and felt a hesitation sometime off the line, but not every time? Thanks in advance

You should be launching somewhere between 7000 & 8000 rpm. If you don't have a lockup clutch, you NEED one! Let me know as I have several. I launch my small tire bike at 7800 & with a SOFT clutch setup & my fat butt on it, it will go 1.34s all day long. The bike repeats VERY well E.T. wise & that is why I leave the clutch setup the way it is. Ray.

Comment

sprout...where in the MidWest are you located?

If you're close to Byron or the Quad Cities I can hook you up with someone that could help...
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Ray have reason , you need a lockup clutch and you will see the very big difference (0:

Mike
        sigpic I do not put skis on my motorcycle (-:
        Harley Davidson Fatboy
        Vulcan 800 modify old school (Give to my son)
        GS1150 original ( my baby )
        Bandit 1200 like european tuning
        And a S/C and T/G GS1150 (long time ago)

Comment

for a stock clutch you are launching hard enough to break a lot of parts.
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I am running a locker. I'm sitting at work and was thinking about this? I wonder if it's not in the wiring? I have a button to release the clutch lever, but like holding the lever. I'm wondering if my delay or bogg is in the wiring?

Comment

Baafam, I'm in the twin cities. I goto rockfalls

Comment

Ray, it's all stock motor. From what I have found that motor make its go up to 8500. I have the bike set up to shift at 8800. I am running bars also. Where would you set the launch rpm?

Comment

With carbs & a drag pipe a stock motor will pull to 9500. Also, how do you have it geared? You should be around 15/46-48 depending on your weight. You also need to make SURE it is coming off the 2 step before the clutch starts to move the bike. Is the clutch switch adjusted correctly? Ray.

Comment

Ray, I had time to work on the bike Sunday. It was in the switch. Going back to the track this coming Sunday. Should be on the mark. Thanks for the help I'll keep you guys informed how the day went. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

The bike is geared 15/76. It does have the racing pipe and 38 lectrons. I have to work on the practice day, but have Sunday the race day off. I get three test runs before eliminations. If I launch at 6000 will it be enough? Id like a test day to make adjustments. I only have about 10 passes on the bike. It's the most fun I've ever have with any toy I've owned

Comment

You have a 76 tooth rear sprocket? I hope you mistyped that!!! Unless you DO actually have a 76 on the rear, 6000 is still too low unless you have next to no static in the clutch! Ray.

Comment

Ooooops glad to see you're keeping an eye on me, hahah. I ment 47 rear.

Comment

I need to practice my launches, its frightingly bad

Comment

I have a practice light. I start by practicing without any roll out average the times then add in my rollout. I'm only guessing on the rollout. I use .325 and go on the last yellow. Going to the track Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                              X