Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARHMA Superbike Build - Ti Sprockets/Chain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARHMA Superbike Build - Ti Sprockets/Chain?

Hi Guys,

About mid way through my ARHMA Superbike build and was wondering if anyone has anyone used the titanium sprockets and chain from Sidewinder? Thinking of doing a 520 setup and wondering if it's worth the money. I'm running a 77GS750 - punching out to 850, SV650 rims, brakes and rubber, 43mm SV650 front end and a 81 GS1100 alum swingarm.

Photo:

Album:

-joe

Nice bike. All things being equal, a 520 setup on a racebike does save some rotating weight.

ARHMA racebike only, right? In that case, IMHO get a quality 520 race chain from DID/RK/EH and save the money you'd spend on Ti chains/sprockets in favor of getting multiple aluminum rear sprockets so you can change your gearing per track. A quick search shows you can get 3-5 Vortex Al rear sprockets for the cost of one Ti rear sprocket.

Comment

Yea you are right. I should save the cash. I know I will need a couple of different setups depending on the track. Your gs look rad.

Comment

Do they allow 43's in AHMRA and it 4.5" the limit for a rear wheel? SV is a 5"

Toddk
        1979 Suzuki GS1000always wanted one, 1983 Honda CB1100F Hot Rod(does that show my age), 1984 Kawasaki GPZ750(rain bike)

Comment

Originally posted by Toddk View Post
          Do they allow 43's in AHMRA and it 4.5" the limit for a rear wheel? SV is a 5"

Toddk
          The 99 to 03 models SV650(S) have a 4.5" rear wheel atleast, so no sigar for you Toddk

Comment

Thanks for the info, I thought all the 650's were 5's. Did not want you spend a ton of time on something you would have to change.

You learn somethign new everyday. Are you running a 150 or a 160?

I'll go with another "I thought", I thought 99-03 SV were 41mm tubes? and here's a Did you know, that you can put CBR600F3 internals(tubes and rods) in SV forks and have adjustable dampening?

Toddk
            1979 Suzuki GS1000always wanted one, 1983 Honda CB1100F Hot Rod(does that show my age), 1984 Kawasaki GPZ750(rain bike)

Comment

But only preload and rebound, I guess it's much better then having none. Does the cbr forks have compression adjuster at the bottom? Is there any 41mm forks that does have comp. adjustment?

Comment

Working...
              X