Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 races so far, 7 different winners (F1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 races so far, 7 different winners (F1)

Well I won't say whom, in case there are people who haven't seen the race yet and don't want it spoiled, but in the seventh race of the season, yet another driver takes the win. Seven races, seven winners. I don't think it gets anymore interesting than that. What's more, and I'll have to double check, but I think EVERY major "factory" team has won a race as well. So the constructors championship as well as the drivers is wide open this far.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; this racing season so far has been simply awesome. WSBK, all three levels of MotoGP, F1, American Superbike..they've all been great races, with close battles and "anyone can win" endings. But I have to say, so far my favorite single class has been Moto2. They've got those bikes so dialed in now, that many times it's a four way battle for the win up to the end. Stupid exciting. I get sweaty palms and my heart races watching, and I almost feel like I am out there. Can't wait to see it again at Indy this year

The F1 races have been much more interesting than before. I was a skeptic when they introduced KERS (kinetic energy reuse), DRS (moveable wing element) and enforced use of different softness tires during the race, but they clearly have made for more interesting racing.

The very limited amount of in season testing seems to have reduced the domination of the top teams. Previously only the top teams could afford to run endless miles of testing - now there's so little testing it's evened out the field considerably.

Comment

Working...
    X