1979 GS850 rearset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 GS850 rearset

hi! this question might have popped up here and there on this forum but i can't really find it and i'm not sure where to put it so i put it here!

i want to install a rearset on my 1979 GS850 but i don't feel like spending 350€ on a tarozzi set...
    i heared you can modify a cheaper gsxr or gsx rearset pretty easy but i would like to maybe see some pictures or get a few pointers from someone who has done it before!

or perhaps anyone knows a site where they sell rearset for a reasonable price? around 150-200 €/$

thx!

Wouldn't they be, identical to GS1000 rear sets?
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

could be...... i figure they would be more like the ones for the gs750 which tarrozzi sells, but like i said, 350£ is a lot of money...

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
      Wouldn't they be, identical to GS1000 rear sets?

Comment

I bought a pair of gsxr rearsets and im in the process of fitting them on my bike im not sure either how others have done it but i think i might have to make my own hanger brackets and disect the rear sets i bought them though for 35 bucks down here used.. I was thinking i would weld in a tab on the back of the frame where the original foot pegs were and then drill a hole to mount the foot peg with the linkages. only problem that is holding me back is working out the rear brake master cylinder... ( do i go stock or buy a different one.) if i had the gsxr one I would have kept the brackets and used it but since i dont have that i will most likely go through some curse words and wear down my fingers to nubs trying to work out the original one... I will try to post pics as i go.. this is the mock up

Comment

Working...
        X