for everyone who thinks they are fast road riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for everyone who thinks they are fast road riders

If you reckon that you are the best rider in the world,go to http://http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/...eland/18088161 and watch the continuation of the younger member Dunlop Dynasty in action!,then have a think about how fast you REALLY are.please don't take offence as this isn't meant to be a dig at anyone so don't take it seriously and PLEASE do not try to copy this kind of speed unless you can close off 9 miles of road to the public or are invisible to highway patrol radar guns.I just wanted to show everyone just how brave/mental our road racers are,and to let everyone see that Robert and Joey are still on the grid-even if it is only in spirit-R.I.P boys.Johnny

404 not found

Comment

Oh damn, go to www.bbcsportni/bikes and try that,sorry!

Comment

look for join Michael Dunlop on a high speed lap of the NW200 course,bloody technology

Comment

These dudes are so fast, the Internet cannot keep up. None of these links work.

Comment

It's a practice lap.
            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

holy moly, that is fast.

Comment

thats impressive, especially how he caught up to those two guys in relatively short time

Comment

Whoa. That dude is flying.

Comment

Lovely town…

The Northern Ireland race setting BLOWS AWAY all those ugly MotoGP tracks.

You can walk right up to the track!
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I often wonder what happens to all the cats out there.........
                      79 GS1000S
                      79 GS1000S (another one)
                      80 GSX750
                      80 GS550
                      80 CB650 cafe racer
                      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Impressive. One question though, at speeds reaching 200mph, how do they know when to start slowing down to make the curve? Are there special signs on the course since I'm sure they can't always remember the exact spot for every single one?
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                          Impressive. One question though, at speeds reaching 200mph, how do they know when to start slowing down to make the curve? Are there special signs on the course since I'm sure they can't always remember the exact spot for every single one?

there are usually brake marker cones or signs or something on the inside of the turn that are marked to let you know how close you are to the turn that you look for. I started out knowing I was a fast street guy, then got hooked up into roadracing and got my ass handed to me for 2+ years before I was able to run in the front part of the mid pack, 4 years to a top 10 finish. It's a whole diff world on the track

Comment

Wow, lets you see how fast 200 really be. Best I ever done was 148 on 301 between Baldwin and Lawtey. Radar verified unfortunately. FHP has no sense of humor.

Comment

Q&A time

Firstly:-Thanks for the interest!.Okay,Bill: Look man I keep telling you COME OVER, .Yes you can stand about 8-12 inches away from the action on certain courses, maybe 2 feet at that 195mph+ section-which is FUN,it will take the ash of your cigarrette.Hampshire: all owners of animals be it livestock(horses,cattle,sheep and goats) and domestic pet owners arte told by the race organisers are told to move/keep their animals penned up or indoors,wildlife is another matter as sidecar racer NICK Crowe found out to his cost some years ago at the TT,his outfit hit a hare at over 100mph which then hit him in the head,as a result of the crash he lost his right hand among other things.
                              Mike:you are ALMOST right, there are 3 white lines at 300 yards,2 white lines at 200 yards and 1 white line at 100 yards before each turn and Cowboy,YES they do remember where the course goes even at 200mph.Every rider has his/her own braking markers they use year after year,in fact this year was the first year that a rider reached 208mph in PRACTICE at the point where Michaels telemetry showed 195. the fastest RACE speed was 202mph by Michael Rutter a few years ago riding a $230,000 plus Honda superbike.Glad you liked it and apologies to anyone who tried to use the link and it didn't work.Johnny

Comment

Working...
                              X