Zero tt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero tt

Zero tt for electric bike , what will be next.

bikes run on banana skins,old coke cans???!!,wouldn't mind a go on one but would miss the engine braking

Comment

Johnny, I would imagine there is an amount of engine braking.
      Those things have the regenerative circuit that puts current back in the battery under braking and deceleration, to do that the motor would have to work as a generator, being driven by the wheel on the over run, creating current takes energy, hence you will indeed get a form of engine braking, either to a more or lesser degree.

Comment

fast pom, thanks for sharing the link/video!
        No engine braking whatsoever on the electric bike that I rode.
        It certainly takes some getting used to.

Eric

Comment

Pretty sweet, Electric bikes are awesome

Comment

Hell Eric, that is interesting, I wonder how the regenerative thing works then?
            Maybe one of the electric gurus can pop in and explain why there would be no braking effect while the motor was generating current, to the uneducated like myself.
            Jim.....anyone??
            I am sure it must take some getting used to, jeez, it would certainly catch you unaware if you not on your game charging deep into a corner.
            Ad unum asinum in magnificum more.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              Maybe one of the electric gurus can pop in and explain why there would be no braking effect while the motor was generating current, ...
              I would not call myself an "electric guru", but I'll venture a guess.

Not all electric bikes will have regenerative braking.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Steve, you may be spot on, I just assumed that they would have, but then again we all know that assumption is the mother of all ....... ups.

Comment

Who uses engine braking in a race? The guys that loose?

The 2 stroke GP bikes had no engine braking either.

You don't engine brake a race bike anyway, to save the valve train.

As taught by Kieth Code, in all his books.

In a sharp corner after a long straight, it's all front hard braking, because you're slowing so fast anyway, no time to saw down 6 speeds and engine brake.
                  You just saw down to 2nd, let that out at the turn in, and smoothly power on through the apex.

Every corner you're late braking anyway, then you have to power out.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
                  X