Back to the 2 step...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the 2 step...

Well folks... I got a true back halfed frame and stock motor to play with. Comes with all the good stuff. Had to drive 850 miles yesterday to get it... I am still tired. Nice guy had a slick with a lighter front wheel. Front end was cut down and shortened internally. New 7 inch slick on a gsxr wheel. One piece body and a nice stock motor for now... pictures to follow...
    Curt
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Last edited by bellucci; 07-30-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I was going to beat you to that on too, haha

Comment

Just kidding, haha glad to hear you made the trip, that was the buy of the year.

Comment

Comment

What a beast!
            sigpic
            Steve
            "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

2 years of shopping for the right one at the right price... I have to thank Sprout for finding it after he stole the one I wanted... It all worked out for the best. The motor in the beast will go in my ES and the real horsepower will go in the beast... Lets hope we have fun. Trip has the bike now and is making sure all the wiring is correct. He is the electrical wizard.
              Curt

Comment

yepper pepper shes a two stepper

ohh where does one begin - the previous owner stories have not even begun -- nothing we can't handle though.

you really suprised me Sunday Curt , I had no idea you were on a mission.
                SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Tripp, I had some issues with my two step last weekend at the track. Started two races ago. Shifting high gear sounded like it shifted more then once. Last weekend it didn't want to hold in the staging light. I also have auto shift from MPS. Bike shifted when staging against the two step.?

Comment

Congrats looks like a great base to make a real racebike. Then again you should have bought mine.

Comment

I wanted a stock motor to put in my ES. The motor thats in the ES will end up in the new bike... Thats why I did not go after your wonderful bike...
                      Curt

Comment

Two-step

Sprout, are you using a switched clutch lever to trigger the two step? If so, some fine tuning is in order. The trick is to get the two-step to shut off just after the point of clutch engagement. It sounds like the rev limiter is getting shut off too soon. If it does the revs will fly past your shift point and trigger the air shifter. How do I know? Because it happened to me two weeks ago. The fix was a simple adjustment at the handlebar. You can (carefully) make this adjustement and check it out in the pits.

Comment

Jarness, im using a MPS push button to hold the clutch lever. Set up has a screw style valve on the air solinoid "I did adjust this" the day before hoping to get the cluth to come out faster. I'm sure its a self inflicted problem haha, I tried to put it back to same location but have not had any luck? What did you adjust to get your bike working? Thanks sprout

Comment

Originally posted by sprout View Post
                            Tripp, I had some issues with my two step last weekend at the track. Started two races ago. Shifting high gear sounded like it shifted more then once. Last weekend it didn't want to hold in the staging light. I also have auto shift from MPS. Bike shifted when staging against the two step.?

like jarness described for launch- but the multiple shifting is going to be another issue,- never used the MPS unit but I have used other different auto shifting devices/methods and really do not use them because of multiple intermittent failures. the rpm impulse has a tolerance range and is not always precise to the setting.

how about this-- spin a tire when using the shift light for the shifter impulse and blip blip blip -- you are in high gear eating a whole clutch stack - gulp all the fiber into the oil. no more auto for me
                            SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

WOW !! That's a nice one there !
                              1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                              1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                              1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                              1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                              01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Working...
                              X