Oil bump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil bump

What is the rocker arm oil bump and how to get rid of it?

Please do not double post.
    Thanks.

Comment

Double post

Damn. Second time I've gotten in trouble tonight. How am I supposed to know for sure which room is gonna have the answer?

Comment

Read the description of each section on the main page before posting your question. If it has to do with engine, like this, post it in the engine section, racing related information goes into the racing section
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Double post

Aight, now I'm gettin' annoyed. I had a question about removing the oil bump from a rocker arm. Who would know such a thing? Maybe somebody who races, hence the post in the Racing room. Or maybe somebody in the Tech section knows something about it, hence the post there. I've been slapped around enough. Done chattin' about it.

Comment

Originally posted by jareness View Post
            Damn. Second time I've gotten in trouble tonight. How am I supposed to know for sure which room is gonna have the answer?
            Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
            Read the description of each section on the main page before posting your question. If it has to do with engine, like this, post it in the engine section, racing related information goes into the racing section
            Originally posted by jareness View Post
            Aight, now I'm gettin' annoyed. I had a question about removing the oil bump from a rocker arm. Who would know such a thing? Maybe somebody who races, hence the post in the Racing room. Or maybe somebody in the Tech section knows something about it, hence the post there. I've been slapped around enough. Done chattin' about it.
            So maybe I should have quoted your question in my response to you but I was just answering it. I really don't think you needed to go off half-cocked here instead read what was written. Personally, posting it in Performance/Mods was probably the best place and as you can see you are getting the kinds of responses you needed. But my point to your question still stands.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

The person to best answer your question is most likely rapidray. He does not get on here everyday so you may consider sending him a PM.
              And you are not in trouble, but it is confusing trying to track the same item in multiple areas.
              He answered it in the other thread, so you should be gtg.

Comment

S'all good. The "bump" is just a little nub that sits behind the face plate. Web Cams recommends it be removed so the the bigger lobes don't smack into it. Thanks to all for the help.

j

Comment

Hey bud,
                  I agree that it might have been a racing thing. The only time you mess with it is if you go bigger cams like we did. I am glad you found out about it... let me know how it all works out...
                  Curt
                  sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Working...
                  X