Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 valve head

hi
    anyone now when they used the 16 valve cylinderhead one the racetrack for the first time? I now it came 1980 on the street but was there anyone racing with it in 1979 ?
    best ragards
    teamtokerracing
    sweden
    Last edited by Guest; 08-18-2012, 02:32 AM.

That's a good question. I don't think anyone used the 4valve GS head in 79. You would think the Vance&Hienes team would have since they had factory backing. I'm not suer about the road race guys.there must have been some R&D going on then.
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

They were on the race tracks in 79. Suzuki did race developement with several teams.
      Ray.

Comment

hi rapidray
        where can I find some documentation on that. that class I am racing in is up to 1979. 1979 inkulded. so if I can find some documentation off that someone did use 16 valve heads, I can us this head.
        henrik

Comment

You won't be able to use the head as it was only being developed & not LEGALLY racing till 1980.
          Ray.

Comment

ok it was what I thougt. and what I have goggeled me to. I shal try to find some rs 36 and se what thas does to my performance. I came 2 last year and this year my engine did explode. so next year IŽll be back hoppefully with more power
            thanks rapidray

Comment

Working...
            X