• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sept BOM

Hey another nice Katana!!
    No signature

Another Aussie Katana

Congratulations Phil,

It's great to see another Aussie Katana and an bought new bike as a bonus.

Weather in Sydney is great for riding at the moment.

The maroon Katana's look great - a little bit different fom the regular silver.

Bikes owned from new are special and most owners become very attached. Another reminder how the Katana sytle was way ahead of its time and preview of the modern sports bike.
    Johno

current rides 1981 GS1000G and 2005 GSX1400
    1977 Kawasaki KZ400 D4

previous bikes 1978 GS1000HC
    1977 GS400
    1974 Montesa 250
    1960s Kawasaki 175

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks guys. Love the GS and GSXs. My first big road bike was a 1976 GS750. Great bike and great on dirt roads as well. Then bought a 1982 GSX1100 EZ which now belongs to a mate. I got it running again about 18 months ago after being off the road for 18 years! Might submit that for next month.
      Saw my first Katana back in the early 80s. Decided I had to have one.
      Got a great deal on this one and have had it ever since. Part of the family and older than both my kids.

I posted some restoration photos on the Australian Katana web site of your interested. You may have to register to see them though. In the forums under restorations.

Phil.

Comment

Another sweet Katana! Love it! The two tone is really nice, is that a stock paint option? I've seen a blue / silver version before too. Maybe they were special to Australia?

Either way a very special machine and congrats on BOM!

Comment

Nice machine!

Question: Is "Sepyemner" Aussie-speak for "September"? I think Frank may have a loose nut behind his keyboard.

Comment

Hi Tom, as far as I know the 1984 and 1985 1100 Katanas were all the two tone, silver and candy apple red. Would have been easy to change the colour scheme but I really like the design. plus I like the fact that it's pretty original.

Glad you like it. Thanks.

Comment

great bike, congrats!

Comment

Hi Phil, great looking Kat you have there for BOTM, well done mate! There are quite a few Aussie Kat owners here on GSR, we're taking vintage Kats not the current version available in some markets. The work you have done to keep her tidy and looking fresh is a credit to you and lets face it, vintage Kats look goooood! Cheers.
                Shin-Ken 1074
                1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
                1981 GSX1150 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight = 206 kg.

Comment

Working...
                X