• Show
Clear All

Honda DOHC Supersports!

Lets get this forum started .

My 'period' 81 CB900F;

My 'modded' 82 CB900F;

My red 83 CB1100F;

My blue 83 CB1100F (under construction);

I know there's other F owners here - post 'em up!

If we must...

Last edited by Guest; 09-14-2012, 09:20 PM.

Comment

I'll have to see if i can find a pic of the cb1100 i dragraced in '91 and '92.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

I miss my 900F!
        NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
        Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
          I'll have to see if i can find a pic of the cb1100 i dragraced in '91 and '92.
          Must have been on the drag strip for 1/4 mi.

Comment

Here's my old 1100F:

79 GS1000S
            79 GS1000S (another one)
            80 GSX750
            80 GS550
            80 CB650 cafe racer
            75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
            75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

I would kill for a set of those wheels..very nice!

Comment

Peter, by chance are you parting out that last photo?

Comment

Does anyone remember the Honda Sport Control Kit for the F? An accessory package offered by Honda and it contained the European footpeg plates, lower bars and cables and basically converted the US model into the Euro one. I installed it on mine. And then I sold it like a dope.
                  NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
                  Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                    Peter, by chance are you parting out that last photo?
                    Nope - that's the blue 1100F I bought a couple of years back - slowly restoring it;

Comment

Originally posted by 1980GS1000E View Post
                      Does anyone remember the Honda Sport Control Kit for the F? An accessory package offered by Honda and it contained the European footpeg plates, lower bars and cables and basically converted the US model into the Euro one. I installed it on mine. And then I sold it like a dope.
                      Yep - lots of F's have been converted to the sportkit. The kit's no longer available from Honda but you can pick the rearsets and RH control up from most overseas countries (eBay Germany, UK etc.) and then just go with a lower bar. Much better riding position with the kit fitted.

Comment

Peter, i have a very similar set of Works piggyback shocks one of which has a blown seal.
                        Did you send them back to the factory for a refurb or did you do it yourself?
                        I don't mind painting the bodies or getting the springs powdercoated but seals and a recharge are out of my comfort zone.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                          Did you send them back to the factory for a refurb or did you do it yourself?
                          I love WP shocks - they are worth saving/restoring. Here's how they looked before I started the work on them;

I removed the springs, collars etc. and sent everything out for media blasting. I then sent the complete shocks (less springs/collars) out to Works Performance in CA. A 'rebuild' runs $140 but this assumes everything is in excellent condition. I thought my shafts were spotless, but the folks at WP picked up some minor nicks in the surface, so they had to be replaced. The rebuild ended up costing me $300 (plus shipping). I then painted everything and reassembled them;

Comment

Thanks for the info.They are beautiful.
                            Mine are in better shape but are a level down in quality. I will contact Works.
                            They are only 12.5" eye to eye, so no good for an F.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                            X