Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it bikes like these...

Link

... are NEVER for sale in the Southeast?

$600 one owner KZ1100 standard that runs.

Its hit or miss I guess. I always seem to see bikes a state over that I say "I would buy that right this second if it were closer" (as many of us say, think and feel! lol
    Its a mental disorder related to loving GS's. I have 2 runners and a project bike but I am constanyly looking for that minty barn find 1100e or some ES model , or an early 1000 for 300$ ,that I swear will pop up if I keep searching......give all your money to charity tonight and the GS's will pop out of the woodwork in tour area. (I happen to have some play money right now, and the bikes are dry around here too)

GS-itis lives on!
    great forum

Comment

It's totally miss here. I've been shopping since I started parting out my ST1100. That was April. The only thing within a couple of hours was a GK that had issues. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have bought it.

I've expanded my search to include KZ1100 and XS1100 models after I picked up a fairing, rack, trunk, and bags from an XS1100.

There's a $400 XS1100 listed 4 hours away in Orlando, but it's another typical CL seller that doesn't list any contact info and doesn't reply to emails. Had the same thing happen with one that was only 1.5 hours away.

Just to give an overview of the listings as of today using the all cities CL search (includes bikes at all prices but not parts or service ads):

First 5 XS1100 (excludes "specials"):
      1980 Yamaha XS1100
      3 hours ago
      cincinnati.craigslist.org (OHIO)

1981 Yamaha xs1100
      18 hours ago
      spokane.craigslist.org (WASHINGTON)

1978 Yamaha XS1100 Standard - $1000 obo
      3 hours ago
      minneapolis.craigslist.org (MINNESOTA)

1980 Yamaha XS 1100
      1 day ago
      milwaukee.craigslist.org (WISCONSIN- apparently also Yamaha shaft drive capital)

XS1100 YAMAHA XS 1100 1981 Nice! 16,000 mi. 4cyl sport cruiser
      1 day ago
      kansascity.craigslist.org (KANSAS)

GS1100G (excludes E and GL models):

1982 GS1100GX (low miles)
      22 hours ago
      omaha.craigslist.org (NEBRASKA)

1982 Suzuki GS1100G
      2 days ago
      portland.craigslist.org (OREGON)

1982 Suzuki GS1100G - Great Bike
      Sep 9, 2012
      losangeles.craigslist.org (CALIFORNIA)

1982 Suzuki GS1100G GS 1100 Shaft-drive RELIABLE CLASSIC ...
      Sep 8, 2012
      sandiego.craigslist.org (CALIFORNIA)

1982 suzuki gs1100g
      Sep 4, 2012
      kokomo.craigslist.org (INDIANA)

God forbid if you're looking for a GSX1100G.

Comment

Ran into this guy in Titusville awhile back stopping to get gas. Talked with him about this bike. He said it was one of three he had, and this one was in the worst condition (hard to believe from looking at it) and it was for sale. It's a special though, I guess equivalent to our "L" models. But somehow, someway it look great. It sounded great also.
        So, somewhere in Titusville there this guy that collects and resales them.
        Don't know what he was asking. The only thing I could tell that this wasn't a new bike was the condition of the front right caliper, otherwise it looked showroom.
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

I've found for every "standard" model there seem to be 3-4 GL/LTD/Special models for sale. Makes sense, as I know they sold more back in the day and production in some cases continued after standards were dropped.

I just can't go for a smaller gas tank, stepped seat, and quasi-ape hanger bars. Too much chrome as well.

Comment

Here's the $400 XS in Orlando I mentioned. Another outstanding CL ad. Still haven't heard from the seller. Do you know anything about Meadow Woods BVL? Looks like a subdivision in southern Orange County.

Comment

Don't forget the one in Colorado.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I'm waiting for free shipping on that one.

The guy with the R1100RT never called me. Probably just as well, no bargain priced parts there, and it needed a few.

Comment

I have one of those for sale, too. Both with free delivery if you consider riding it home free.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1000G Shopper View Post
                    I've found for every "standard" model there seem to be 3-4 GL/LTD/Special models for sale. Makes sense, as I know they sold more back in the day and production in some cases continued after standards were dropped.

I just can't go for a smaller gas tank, stepped seat, and quasi-ape hanger bars. Too much chrome as well.
                    I have seen only one Yamaha XS1100 standard model. The guy who lived in my apartment complex at the time restored it. It was loud and it just didn't seem to run right. It looked ok, but he admitted the carbs still needed some work. I was hoping to run with him with my 1100, to see what it could do, but that just never happened.
                    sigpic
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by GS1000G Shopper View Post
                      I'm waiting for free shipping on that one.
                      Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                      free delivery if you consider riding it home free.
                      Do this! A good road trip would be a great way to break in a new bike

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                        Do this! A good road trip would be a great way to break in a new bike
                        These are hardly new, 167,000 miles between the two.

They run like new if that counts.

Comment

I couldn't find a reasonable GS that fit my criteria either. I ended up with this KZ11 just like the first ad, that needs a bit of work, but really it's turning into a fun project.

Comment

You bought too soon, probably back when the Pacific NW was the shaft drive capital of the US. You're much closer to the new capital now.

Comment

Is this your goal?
                              sigpic
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X