Any B-King owners here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any B-King owners here?

Just wondering, I've had mine for about a year and it's my favorite bike of all time, and I've had MANY. It's an absolute blast to ride, went to Deals Gap and rode the Dragon this past weekend, she just eats up the corners! Here's my complimentary "action" photo from the ride!

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
    87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
    99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
    15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

I'm an "ALMOST" BKing owner.
    In 2009 me and the wife went out so I could get some spark plugs for my 550 and look at the new bikes.
    While there at the dealers I say a Bking for sale and wnated that bike, the wife made a noise .
    So I wound up buying a 08 Yami VStar 1300T so she would be comfy.
    I wish I wish !!!
    But I have the lazy boy on wheels

Comment

Jeez, go to buy a B-King and end up with a V-star.

I really like these bikes, don't own one, never ridden one, but every time I see one in person at the local bike hangout I stop to look it over and drool a bit.

I see you've opted to remove the bat-man exhaust cans, and it looks brilliant.

I'd have mine in dark gunmetal...

Comment

Hey 'Nado! We chatted 'bout the King before. I love the idea of having those 160 something RWHP available with a flick of the wrist . Curious 'bout something though...being that the King was a relative sales flop and thus a one year wonder here in the US...I imagine aftermarket stuff for it must be about as plentiful as say...that for an XN85 back in the day. With so relatively few sold I can't imagine the manufacturers seeing much of a market to make aftermarket goodies for it. What has been your personal experience in finding stuff for it??

Comment

Originally posted by Homie View Post
          Hey 'Nado! We chatted 'bout the King before. I love the idea of having those 160 something RWHP available with a flick of the wrist . Curious 'bout something though...being that the King was a relative sales flop and thus a one year wonder here in the US...I imagine aftermarket stuff for it must be about as plentiful as say...that for an XN85 back in the day. With so relatively few sold I can't imagine the manufacturers seeing much of a market to make aftermarket goodies for it. What has been your personal experience in finding stuff for it??
          Well fortunately, they made them in 09 and 10 overseas, they have a cult following in the UK, so aftermarket parts are plentiful, albeit much of it is overseas. I have been able to buy anything/everything that I wanted to upgrade it with, so there are plenty of parts available, especially on eBay.

Current stable:

Comment

Yeah, I suppose if you have one it would be best to get what you need / want now while the bike is still relatively "new" and parts are available. Wait 20-30 years and I imagine finding parts for the King might be like now trying to find parts for the XN85...which are as scarce as an honest politician! Kind of funny, the King is based off of the 'Busa, which is enormously popular and has tons of aftermarket parts available, yet the King somehow didn't quite catch on. Kind of like "rich man, poor man" - one is wildly successful and the other simply wasn't. So I guess the bottom line is, if I'm thinking about getting one, I shouldn't wait until years from now to look for one. I might be able to find a used King then, but finding aftermarket parts for it then will probably prove to be extremely difficult.

Comment

How far have you gone on the King? The seat looks relatively wide but is it comfortable or is it a "butt-buster"? Do you think you could actually do some minor touring with it - like a 600-700 mile round trip over three days kind of touring without it making you miserable?

Comment

I'll race ya through the twisties...

Comment

My brother has one, adores it. There's no shortage for parts since all of the go fast, corner hard, and slow down bits are 100% 'busa. Only change he's made to his is Pazzos, tank protector, aftermarket seat (Corbin).

I've ridden it several times, it's liquid smooth yet organ-compressing powerful. A truly remarkable machine.

That said, I like my 'tona better, but I'm a little biased...
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-27-2012, 05:07 PM. Reason: forgot to finish my sentence...

Comment

Originally posted by Homie View Post
                    How far have you gone on the King? The seat looks relatively wide but is it comfortable or is it a "butt-buster"? Do you think you could actually do some minor touring with it - like a 600-700 mile round trip over three days kind of touring without it making you miserable?
                    I've put 1500 miles on it in 3 days before, I've got a Corbin seat on mine and bar risers, makes a world of difference!
                    Current stable:

Comment

The more I think about the King the more I like it! It's drawing me in...closer and closer. But I really shouldn't. My '02 'Busa turned me into a wanna-be hooligan - I was speeding everywhere I went with that bike! The King would make me do the same. That kind of power is addictive. Damn! I'm itching for a "fix" and now I'm worried that I might cave in. What to do? What to do?

Comment

I sure like the idea of it. Probably rather have a much slower Speed Triple, FZ1, or even a 919. The BKing is really really neat though.
                        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Burger King?
                          Baconater?

Comment

Originally posted by streetfighters View Post
                            Burger King?
                            Baconater?
                            "B-King"?? Yeah, it's kind of lame. You would think that being a descendent of the mighty Hayabusa they would have come up with something a little more appropriate and catchy than...wait for it..."B-King"??

Comment

I sold my B-King this past may! The dealer I bought it from saw my craigslist ad and bought it back! They paid me damn near what I paid them for it.........then they turned around and put back on craigslist for $1000 more than what I paid for it new in May of 2010!!
                              My point is........if you can find a unmolested B-King for a decent price......GRAB IT!!
                              They are only going to go up in value! I only sold mine because it was not getting used! 4115 miles in 2 years! I ride my 82 1100E way more!!
                              But, the mighty B-King was soooooo smooth & fast! Handeld great for being such a heavy bike......I really miss it but the $$$ went to my snowmobile addiction.......and that is another forum!!
                              sigpicIt wasnt me! I didnt do it! You cant prove anything!
                              82 1100EZ

Comment

Working...
                              X