Z1R,s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z1R,s

browsing kijiji and come across an ad for a 97 z1r. i responded within 15 min and received a response saying he had a deal on THEM. i asked the question what them and was told there were two 78 zeds that have been sitting for a while so i told the po if the other buyer doesnt show i am in. Luckey day friday i received the email first thing in the morn that they were not picked up. I loaded the trailer and picked them up Fri night.now i just need to figure out what i am gonna do with them.

Not sure what you paid for them but they are a rare find in the states these days. Interested in selling one or both?

Comment

I was not a big fan of the Z1R, which was one of the new generation superbikes being produced in '78, mainly because of the poor handling.
      But a couple of those in my garage would probably worth some real dough.
      They look to be in pretty good condition, and are still a great motorcycle.
      I'd be willing to bet there's some serious collectors out there willing to pay some big bucks to get their hands on them. After all they were Kawasaki's flagship bike for that year.
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

They flooded the market with those & I was able to buy a new one for $2500.00 in 79, a friend crashed it and I bought a new 80 Z1R in 1980, had to pay twice of what I got the 78 for. Most of those were either crashed or stolen & sent over seas some where. They are indead a rare find these days.

I'm drooling

Comment

so what you guys are saying is $1500 wasnt too much for the pair.

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post

OMG!!!

Comment

No, it's not too much. I would consider buying them from you for 1600 and bam, you made a hundred bucks.
              NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
              Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                You sir, are a thief!
                Richard Biggs in Guelph is a Kawi guru if you want to go custom.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

HIGHWAY ROBBERY! Might be the score of the year!
                  Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                  87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                  99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                  15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    You sir, are a thief!
                    Richard Biggs in Guelph is a Kawi guru if you want to go custom.
                    i have offered to buy his several times and he shuts me down. but i have been in contact yesterday and now have a carrot to dangle and he is interested finally. His zed was in Cycle Can the month after my 1100E and i have been after it since

Comment

here is Richards ZED. It is oh so clean

Comment

I'll take 2, pretty please. NICE bike.

Comment

I bumped into Richard on Sunday.
                          His Kat is a beauty as well.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I know a guy, a GS owner who has two Z1-R TC's in his kitchen. He had three, but someone talked him out of one. The blown ones were peppy.

I thought that they were neat looking back in the day.
                            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

no deal on the zeds,guess i have next winters project lined up. Gonna sell the one as i really dont need two.

Comment

Working...
                              X