Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Triumph, then Honda, now BMW

BMW announces plans for new retro motorcycle

I'm loving all the retro looking bikes that are coming out. I don't regret buying my 30 year old GS, but I think it's awesome that these cool older style bikes are making a come back. Nothing against them mechanically, but I'm so sick of seeing Harleys and Sport bikes every where.

That is a hell of a nice looking bike.
    A shame they will cost a small fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
      That is a hell of a nice looking bike.
      A shame they will cost a small fortune.
      Well it IS a BMW after all. LOL

Comment

I'm digging the rear section's look. More cafe instead of the Honda's giant chrome "L" rear fender.

Comment

Looks good! In my search for a more modern "sport-tourer" I have been considering the Beemer K-1200's. They are quite reasonable used, the local Suzi dealer has a couple and they are no more than the used Triumph ST's they have in stock.

I imagine that parts are expensive, like most German vehicles; I can probably afford to buy a Mercedes, I just afford to buy the alternator when it dies!

1979 GS1000

Comment

Definitely liking the new "retro" styles... my choice would be for the Triumph Scrambler for sure.

However, don't forget Guzzi's V7 range, especially the racer version:

And don't forget Ducati did some of these in the SportClassic range a few years back with the Paul Smart replica, GT1000, and Sport 1000...

Triumph got the ball rolling and everyone else tagged along... all we need is Suzuki to release a new "GS"...
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Looks like we might see some new Nortons in the US, in the near future too. Good looking bike!

http://www.nortonmotorcycles.com/new...on-in-the-usa/

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
                Looks like we might see some new Nortons in the US, in the near future too. Good looking bike!

That might be enough for me to spend the money. I SAW A COUPLE OF THE kENNY Dreer prototypes ay Portland International Raceway five or six years ago. Awesome

Of couse I have been riding Nortons since the seventies.
                sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post

http://www.nortonmotorcycles.com/new...on-in-the-usa/

that's a good looking motorcycle, there.
                  1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

They should have made it look like this

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiGS View Post
                      Yessssss!

Comment

Or maybe a bit like this:

79 GS1000S
                        79 GS1000S (another one)
                        80 GSX750
                        80 GS550
                        80 CB650 cafe racer
                        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

The Duc GT1000's have major tank swelling issues. People are trying to coat them internally but I haven't seen a long-term solution.

Same crap plagues the XR1200, swelling plastic tank.

Bonneville is sort of like the GS, tried and true.

Norton will be an established man's toy. 16-22G is out of my range for a motorcycle. Definitely sweet looking and hoping to see one on the street in the not-to-distant future.

The Guzzi is defintely cool. I just wish they could add another 15 or so hp to them stock and sort out the FI issues.

The BMW pic in the link reminded me of Mystery Date, was this just another artist's rendering, so optimistic that it's nothing more than an idea?

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiGS View Post
                            I agree a modern rendition of the infamous R90S . . . sign me up
                            1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
                            Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Working...
                            X