Piston wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piston wanted

Anyone know where I can find a piston fo a bianchi 78CC engine from 1962-1966. there only was one. Need a piston in a 48mm+1.

No idea where you'd find an original...The UK has a very active moped scene which I'd assume has forums too.

But just in Honda, 4 strokes - ST70,47.0 std, C9047.0 std then went to 50.0 for the C90E...
    2 strokes NF75 48.0 std, MBX80 49.5 std...

There'll be oversizes available for these plus plenty more options. You may have to do some machining but that's par for the course with oddball Italians.

Edit - If you have a sample piston which you can measure for height, ring position, pin size etc, go onto TKRJ site and look at piston kits. They give all the relevant dimensions and it's a good place to find an equivalent piston. Then find a local distributor.....
    Last edited by GregT; 11-19-2012, 09:04 PM.

Comment

is it "diamond pistons" out of Michigan maybe?
      they will make anything you want.
      machined billet..had one in my hand the other day for like a thirty something tractor..

Comment

Thanks for the help.
        oddball italian stuff is a pretty good description. I've tried some of the UK sites, but no one seems interested in such a degree of restoration... I till take some measurements and make some calls.

Comment

just an update
          I got a NEW, From Factory piston, in the correct size.
          Turns out Bianchi has quite a following in Italy, and using the italian version of google, and what little italian I know, I found a 'motorcycle piston artist' of sorts. All this guy does is pistons, pins, rings and rods.

40$ later, I got piston + rings, pin and rod - shipped from Italy

Comment

Sounds like a big score for you. Good job. And you thought that foreign language class was useless.

Buddy
            09 Yamaha Venture Royal (my first Yamaha)
            83 Honda VT500FT Ascot (three of them)
            81 GS650G for the wife.
            82 Suzuki GS850GL Bought it 3 times, sold it twice, then traded for a nice 82 GS1100G AND a 93 Honda 750 Nighthawk, even WOW!
            I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those words that should have remained unsaid.
            If ya can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with B. S.
            Motorcycles are like children....They should be seen and not heard.

Comment

Working...
            X