KZ1300 for cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KZ1300 for cheap

SO very pretty. A heavy unwieldy plug no doubt?

Oh wow, that's a buy for someone. Looks to be in pretty decent shape.

spyug

Comment

Silly cheap.
      79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

A bargain all day long!
        sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Yeah I wonder what the fella did to it to stop it starting?
          The odd thing about this bike is that it has the same siamesed bodies as used on my bike.

Larger for sure but very similar.

Its like all old bikes no one young wants em. A shame to let this one get sold to a greasy bobber fanatic.

Comment

I would be breaking some serious traffic laws to get to that bike. What a deal.....

Comment

I think Jimmy's playing us!

Comment

Probably sold in 20 minutes I'm sure... if it's real and/or not a typo

Comment

So what is it worth then?

I dunno
                  The guy is not that far from me. Sent him the usual request for pics.
                  I hope his response is better than the last guy.
                  His response was "don't got none"

Comment

Joe Minton said good things about those. Not many survivors though. I looked at a couple in the 80's and early 90's. Anchorage was full of them.
                    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

I'm just surprised it stayed up long enough to snap the photo while on the grass.
                      NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
                      Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

what does it weigh, about 1,700 lbs or so?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

My dads buddy has one, I road the bike a couple years back on the way to Laconia Motorcycle Week , He had to chase me to switch bikes back it was such a pleasure to ride on the highway and the true definition of the word smooth

ant

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                            what does it weigh, about 1,700 lbs or so?
                            Actually, Tom, you are close, but you have to many zeros in there and the 1 is in the wrong place.

When it was released (and I got mine ) the magazines were saying that wet weight was 710 pounds.

They also said it handled surprisingly well for its weight. I agreed with them. When I moved up from my KZ650, I was expecting a heavy, powerful beast that I was going to have to mind constantly, to keep from being thrown. Yeah, it took a bit more oomph to get it up off the side stand, but once moving, did not feel any more ponderous than a GS G model (any size). The torque curve was also flat enough that there was no sudden rush of power, but it took all of its 120hp to get it moving.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                            X