1999 Suzuki RF 900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 Suzuki RF 900

Anyone know anything about these bikes? To me this price seems really good. 40000km is about 24000miles.
    Thanks,
    Trevor
    PS don't tell my wife that I'm interested.
    No signature

Good bikes, strong engines and they handle really well. I'd say that was a bargain.

Comment

I've been looking for one for a while. I've notice a lot with 2nd and 3rd gear issues or replacement which seems odd for a Suzuki.

Comment

This from CMM a few months ago...

[IMG][/IMG]
        Last edited by Frank Z.; 12-21-2012, 12:27 PM.
        '80 GS1000ST
        '92 ZX-11
        Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Thanks for posting that Frank. What issue is that in? I have the CMM magazines and will look for it.
          Thanks,
          Trevor
          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            Thanks for posting that Frank. What issue is that in? I have the CMM magazines and will look for it.
            Thanks,
            Trevor
            CMM March 2012, Issue # 293
            Getting renewed subscription from Santa!
            '80 GS1000ST
            '92 ZX-11
            Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

This could be shorter than a Kardashian marriage.....
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Z. View Post
                CMM March 2012, Issue # 293
                Getting renewed subscription from Santa!
                Thanks Frank, my birthday was in December and my boy got me a subscription too!
                No signature

Comment

Originally posted by bluewool View Post
                  I've been looking for one for a while. I've notice a lot with 2nd and 3rd gear issues or replacement which seems odd for a Suzuki.
                  The early 1100 GSXR's had the same tranny problems, it is a 3 cog's on the side of 2nd gear that goes to crap, the later bikes have a 6 cog gear, simple fix is to pull trans and have it under cut. Those 900 's are a decent bike but they do have the hereditary bad GSXR tranny problem
                  1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                  80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                  1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                  83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                  85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                  1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                  “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                  If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                    This could be shorter than a Kardashian marriage.....

That's what I'm thinking, lol. You guys don't know this about Trevor but he's sick, not like us sick, like 'special' sick....His new bride is unbelievably supportive of it, I would have killed him lonnnnng ago, but I'M TELLING YOU man, she's really gonna kill you THIS time!
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I'm in the process of rebuilding the transmission on one of them right now. Mine is a 94 but its basically the same bike. Paid $400 for it with a clear title. Check my signature for pics of it. I'm planning to freshen up the motor, do the usual maintenance/replacement stuff and repaint it. That bike in the link looks nice, $1500 is good price. The body work for these bikes is pricey but most of the other parts are not too bad. If you need to rebuild the trans, the gears can get expensive. If the transmission is good and the cosmetics are decent, I would grab it if you are in the market for a sport touring bike.
                      Last edited by Guest; 12-22-2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Two words....get it! You'd be hard pressed to find a bad review, in an online search....I had posted a couple in another thread, months ago. IIRC, pair of lightly modded RFs still hold the high-speed FIM world record (24 hours of sustained high speeds), as unlikely as that sounds.
                        '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                        Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

The early 1100 GSXR's had the same tranny problems, it is a 3 cog's on the side of 2nd gear that goes to crap,
                          I looked at 2nd gear on my bike and there are 4 dogs that engage the gear. I think the transmission problems are due more to the rider than a poorly designed transmission. It would seem that missing shifts at WOT can cause the transmission to jump out of gear.

Comment

Working...
                          X