AHRMA Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AHRMA Racing

Ready for the 2013 season with the freshly built Kat!
    (Vintage Superbike Heavyweight)
    sigpic

Looks great, Joe.
    Are you the rider as well?
    AHMRA 2013 schedule: http://www.ahrma.org/ahrma_pdfs/Z-20...le_for_web.pdf
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Looks good brother. Good luck out there. Where is the first race of the season?

Any type of televized/recorded coverage?

Found a bandit swinger that I will be modifiying finally (talked with you on the phone about the one you sold on ebay.)

Nic
      83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Looks great, Joe.
        Are you the rider as well?
        AHMRA 2013 schedule: http://www.ahrma.org/ahrma_pdfs/Z-20...le_for_web.pdf
        I am. I am hoping to do the circuit again this year, but we will see how far the budget takes us.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by niclpnut View Post
          Looks good brother. Good luck out there. Where is the first race of the season?

Any type of televized/recorded coverage?

Found a bandit swinger that I will be modifiying finally (talked with you on the phone about the one you sold on ebay.)

Nic
          AHRMA race at Miller Motorsports Park Sept 2 2011. On board a 1978 GS1000 4v

This was in Utah at Miller Motorsports park when I used to race the '78 gs..my buddy Joe P. is on his Cb900. We always start with the Sv's so we get caught up with them on the start. It's a little more (actually a lot) of a struggle getting these monsters around corners as opposed to the modern racers! ..but every bit as fun
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joesigns View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtx5uL14ZN4

This was in Utah at Miller Motorsports park when I used to race the '78 gs..my buddy Joe P. is on his Cb900. We always start with the Sv's so we get caught up with them on the start. It's a little more (actually a lot) of a struggle getting these monsters around corners as opposed to the modern racers! ..but every bit as fun
            That looks like fun. Does anybody else lean in their chair when watching this video? I catch myself doing it when I watch road racing on TV as well.

Comment

Nice pass at the end there. Any idea what the guy was riding ahead of your buddy through most of the race?
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Looked to like the Honda went wide & let him by.

One of our Fers, Dennis Parrish is pretty succesful in AHRMA. I think he races in the same class as you. He has a Kaw & a couple 900Fs. Soon to race an RD as well. I usually go to Grattan & Mid oHIo. Too bad about the "fued" between ama & AHRMA.

Comment

The guy in front of me in the video is on CB900. And yes Mr. Parrish rides a cb900 as well. We mix it up on most of the tracks on the circuit. Nicest guy you could ever meet. I heard he might bring out a cb350 as well. Loads o' fun and cant wait for the first race in New Orleans (NOLA)
                  sigpic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtx5uL14ZN4

I live in Utah and have raced my car out at Miller and want to get into taking my GS750 out there too. How many races do they have a year that would be open for competition for GS guys (besides just open track days)?

Comment

Hi Joe

That's a nice looking Kat

If you see me at The One this week end, be sure and say hi

Make these guys drool a bit, post up some pics of your Parilla
                      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                      2007 DRz 400S
                      1999 ATK 490ES
                      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Joe, call me please. Thanks, Ray.

Comment

It's nice to see a bike used to its potential... good luck with the racing. Keep the pictures coming.

Comment

Ready for the 2013 season with the freshly built Kat!
                            (Vintage Superbike Heavyweight)
                            Joe,
                            Nice looking bike! Grattan is only an hour away from me and I was always wanting to get into RR, mind talking about those wheels? I didn't know that you could run a newer set of wheels and suspension, so what did they come off of?

Thanks,
                            Rich

Comment

That looks SWEET! Great video BTW. What did you end up doing to the old 1000 / 750 race bike you had (the black one)?

Comment

Working...
                              X