Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I sell a Harley Heritage Springer here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up for sale is a 2003 FLSTSI Heritage Springer special 100th anniversary softail bike. Sought after collector year with valuable medallions and accessories. 2 tone silver and black limited edition paint.

Bike has 11,257 miles, newer tires, 1 owner with title in hand. All the maintenance was done before required and no mechanical issues. Always stored in winter with battery tender on year old battery. Factory security system with 2 fobs.

Paint is almost immaculate, always waxed and cleaned, only seen rain a couple times.

Add-ons: Screamin' Eagle slip-on exhaust, detachable windshield and passenger backrest, windshield bag, chrome engine guard with highway pegs, combo tachometer and speedometer, aftermarket oil pressure gauge, nostalgic series handgrips.

Looking for $13,000 CASH. No payments, no trades. Pick up in Muscatine, Iowa. Contact me for more info. Can send more pictures on request.

Sold it sold it sold it.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-11-2013, 09:07 PM.

Good luck with your sale but it probably is not the best place to try and sell it.Not a lot of Hardly love here
    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Oh I figured that. The more exposure it gets from bike lovers, the more likely it is to sell though, ya know? Some guy here might know a guy that knows a guy looking for this bike somewhere. I'm here and I'm a harley fan so it's possible.

Comment

Sure- I'll even help you out with their new ad on YouTube:
        Click to watch it!

Comment

Originally posted by GS1000G Shopper View Post
          [/B]
          Sure- I'll even help you out with their new ad on YouTube:
          Click to watch it!

I'll agree with the video. I still like Harleys though. But I ride a Suzuki right now.

Comment

Good luck with your sale. Action photo looks good; nice to see a bike being used for travel, instead of just cruising.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Thanks. Those shots were from a 3,500 mile ride from Iowa->Minnesota->Sturgis->Yellowstone->Colorado->Moab->back to Iowa last August. All done in 9 days.

Comment

Friend of mine has the same bike. He bought it second hand, with very low miles.

I think he bought it in 2004, and it was a hard to find model. He paid well over 20k for it.

Remember when Harley dealers had waiting lists for their bikes? I think it ws 2001-2003.

Comment

These bikes are pretty hard to find in good condition and low miles. The 100th anniversary package adds collect-ability and nostalgia for a Harley enthusiast.

There are actually still waiting lines on certain bikes right now at Harley. I was in a dealer on Saturday that sold 6 bikes that day alone, some of which weren't even in stock yet. Harley only lets the dealers order a certain number of each bike a year, so you have to get on the list if it's a hot seller.

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
                    Good luck with your sale but it probably is not the best place to try and sell it.Not a lot of Hardly love here
                    Originally posted by isu2014 View Post
                    Oh I figured that. The more exposure it gets from bike lovers, the more likely it is to sell though, ya know? Some guy here might know a guy that knows a guy looking for this bike somewhere. I'm here and I'm a harley fan so it's possible.

It doesn't hurt anything to post it here, as long as you realize the GSR forum contains the internet's biggest collection of tightwads. KLR650 owners have a cheapskate reputation, but they are outrageously profligate spenders compared to this bunch. We've seen goobers in "parts wanted" begging for used chains and tires.

But like you say, one of these dumpster diving yahoos might know a guy who knows a guy who's in the market. Best luck with the sale -- if you like the Harley style, and lots of people do, that bike is pretty much a premier example.
                    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Can't even sell a perfect GS to these tight asses. Good luck.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                        Did you trying selling a GS on a HD site yet?
                        Hondas
                        '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
                        Suzuki
                        '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
                        Kaw
                        '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Hahahaha, he speaks the truth. GLWS.

Comment

Originally posted by yasser View Post
                            Did you trying selling a GS on a HD site yet?
                            No, I'd need to find some three foot long tassels, a bunch of bells and things, install a ton of chrome, add some big speakers to play the soundtrack from "Potato Gun Pirates", build big vibrators into the seat, get rid of the brakes, add some rails or something on the side so you can't lean into curves, and take away about fifty horsepower.

Easier just to keep it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

No, I'd need to find some three foot long tassels, a bunch of bells and things, install a ton of chrome, add some big speakers to play the soundtrack from "Potato Gun Pirates", build big vibrators into the seat, get rid of the brakes, add some rails or something on the side so you can't lean into curves, and take away about fifty horsepower.

Easier just to keep it.
                              So what were you flogging ? Can't recall seeing anything, but don't visit the for sale section that often.
                              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                              X