Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daytona 200 is coming

2 weeks away.

While it's not the prestigious race it once was, here's a flash back to remind you of how it once was the biggest race in the world

Yamaha brought in the big gun, Eddie Lawson, to win this race for them. The grid was full of great riders like Wayne Rainey, Kevin Schwantz, Mike Baldwin, an...
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Originally posted by Big T View Post
    2 weeks away.

While it's not the prestigious race it once was, here's a flash back to remind you of how it once was the biggest race in the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGeJJ_j9jT4
    I have always wanted to attend Daytona but never made it happen. It appears this may be the year. I will likely be attending some training in Boca Raton beginning the Monday after the races. I'm going to try to go to Daytona for a few days before the training.

Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

If someone would have told me twenty years ago that it was now run with middle weight four strokes on D.O.T. tires..... I know a bunch of guys that went one year, all five of them told me that they would probably not go again. But then you have to remember, we have Road America just about in our backyard.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Working...
      X