Slick sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slick sizes

I have a guy selling an old slingshot GSXR rim, but its 17X4.5, all I can find are slicks 17 X 7 taking a 5.5 wheel? does anyone offer a slick for a 17X4.5 rim?

You should find most manufactures produce a 160 slick , Pirelli Sure do.

Comment

Thanks for the info, but Im looking for more of a straight line slick :P

Comment

Comment

Find an 86-87 GSXR 1100 rear wheel. They work well with the 18x5.5 slicks. The 5.5 is only avilable in 18 inch but the 7 inch slicks are available in 17 or 18 inch. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
            Find an 86-87 GSXR 1100 rear wheel. They work well with the 18x5.5 slicks. The 5.5 is only avilable in 18 inch but the 7 inch slicks are available in 17 or 18 inch. Ray.
            Those are the 18x4.5 size rim?

Comment

18x4 & 18x4.25 are 86 & 87 if I remember correctly. I THINK the 88 1100 had a 3 spoke, 18x4.5 but they are HARD to find!!! Ray.

Comment

pizza cutter

I have a 18" wheel that a 5.5 M/T will fit on. good bearings , 2 sprockets (47-49) and the GS brake caliper fits right on the rotor/axle. $80+shipping for it all - black in color

it is a 1984/1985 GPZ900 rear wheel and it lines up easily in a stock 1000 or 1100 swingarm. put a slick or 140 ~ 150 DOT tire on it - it was my first racing wheel on a 1000 and my 60' times were in the 1.35 range at 11 psi.

the 7" - in 18" or 17"set up is more difficult because you need a wider swingarm and offset C/S sprocket. usually chain will scrape the frame too. Plus you may put your self into a situation where you have to put a frame support plate on your bike.

the 5.5 M/T slick is really a great entry level or budget tire. they last a very long time and wont tweak your frame under launch -
                SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post

I have a 18" wheel that a 5.5 M/T will fit on. good bearings , 2 sprockets (47-49) and the GS brake caliper fits right on the rotor/axle. $80+shipping for it all - black in color

it is a 1984/1985 GPZ900 rear wheel and it lines up easily in a stock 1000 or 1100 swingarm. put a slick or 140 ~ 150 DOT tire on it - it was my first racing wheel on a 1000 and my 60' times were in the 1.35 range at 11 psi.

the 7" - in 18" or 17"set up is more difficult because you need a wider swingarm and offset C/S sprocket. usually chain will scrape the frame too. Plus you may put your self into a situation where you have to put a frame support plate on your bike.

the 5.5 M/T slick is really a great entry level or budget tire. they last a very long time and wont tweak your frame under launch -
                  What would be shipping to 52601 Casper, WY? What size sprockets, for what chain?
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-12-2013, 12:07 AM.

Comment

47 and 49 tooth / 630 chain -- I had wheelie bars and used a 14/49 in hot summer and 14/47 in cool spring n fall.

usps approx quote $65.00 - I estimated and did not box it up, measure and weigh it exactly. I guessed a little high at the weight and size.

got rid of the tire because there are cords showing or it would be included too.

563 940 3734 jeff or trippivot@hotmail.com
                    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Are you looking to race in Douglas? Be aware that there is no bike only class there anymore. With a slick you drop into Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by madjack57754 View Post
                        Are you looking to race in Douglas? Be aware that there is no bike only class there anymore. With a slick you drop into Pro.
                        Douglas and Denver, racing is racing, as long as Im not racing against all out drag bikes in brackets...

Comment

Think about coming up to Sturgis for the rally. Since AHDRA is no more, WMDRA is running the race this year with ALL bikes welcome, and have classes for just about everything 2 wheeled. I'll be running in 2-3 classes. Camping is allowed at the track for the racers at no cost (that saves a bunch right there). Shower houses on site too. Check with Mark Waltman in Casper. He usually comes up with his pro bracket bike.

Comment

Working...
                          X