2013 pro stock motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 pro stock motorcycle

well, the bikes are about to compete with the new rules down in gainsville. and it looks as if the NHRA are trying to make it more level playing field

Now all bikes have to be 2 valves per cylinder. Buells and Harleys alike have to use 8" push rods- 2622cc monsters

With the (tiny) Suzuki GS engines at 1753cc I think it is going to be a little closer racing this year.

our engines are still better across the board.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
    well, the bikes are about to compete with the new rules down in gainsville. and it looks as if the NHRA are trying to make it more level playing field

Now all bikes have to be 2 valves per cylinder. Buells and Harleys alike have to use 8" push rods- 2622cc monsters

With the (tiny) Suzuki GS engines at 1753cc I think it is going to be a little closer racing this year.

our engines are still better across the board.
    I thought they were still allowing HD's to use 4 valves?? HD's still get Fi while Suzuki is carbed. Still unfain considering Suzuki was stock with 4 valves and HD only 2. As well as all Suzuki parts are able to be bought by the public to where as HD parts only sold privatly. Advantage HD, send those air compressers to AHDRA and bring more Brands to NHRA.

They hope for more spectators by seeing more HDs in the winners circle, but I think if you got Honda, Yamaha, and Kawi all racing, you'd double the spectators, I havn't met one HD guy that gives a **** about drag racing.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-13-2013, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Jeff, wait till you see George's new Suzuki motor run!!! Ray.

Comment

Who's George?
        Curt
        sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

7's or 6's? and is 200 the bubble or winner

George Bryce ? STAR racing He's man with the plan - always in the grey area of the rule set. He can sell you parts - build a super fast head/engine or teach you to ride on a car tire 1428 lever tosser-

Rapid ray has the official jersey -I saw a picture of it - I'm jealous 'cause I'm too cheap to buy my own --

Heck yeah might be some qualifying today!! I'll probably listen the the live timing stream -- and watch it sunday night on ESPN2

I'm hoping for no less than 6.70' out of the suzukis' But chances are that the whole field is going to be slower than kreweck's record run last year.

GT Tonglet, Michael Smith,Jerry Savoie,Jim Underdahl,Craig Trebble,Steve Johnson,Wesley Wells,Karen Stoffer, who is else is on a 'zuk?

Comment

Chip Ellis is riding for the Alligator farmer since he had neck surgery. Jerry fired Mark Piser & bough V&H motors for this year. The new kid, don't remember the name, on George's Suzuki will be fun to watch. Ray.

Comment

Any clue if there will be a video stream online of the event?

Comment

it is mello yello time!!! they are in the staging lanes right now

65 degrees 28 percent humidity DA 561 track is 74 info an hour old so its a little warmer. but still!!
                Last edited by trippivot; 03-15-2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Oh, that George...:::still learning... Trip, Call me when you get a chance... Hey Ray...
                  Curt
                  sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

they get 3 passes today

grego 7.08, and desantis 7.15, underdahl 7.00, johnson 6.93 le tonglet 6.95@187

hector stalls and gets his 1 re-fire from bryce racing he gets a 6.83

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
                      they get 3 passes today
                      They get 2 passes on Friday and 2 on Saturday like most NHRA events.

Comment

Jerry fired Mark? Is he helping Charley with Katies bike?

Comment

Jack, call me & I will tell you about Piser. Ray.

Comment

I thought I heard announcer say 3 on the audiocast -but I just listened to the first Q pass to get an idea of the speed - didn't want to spoil it until I watched on espn2 last night

Hooray!! Steve Johnson as runner up!! Big news for suzuki in the finals - at least to me it's big news

Comment

Johnson was running pretty big speed. Great to see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X