Another Dream Machine in the Garage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Dream Machine in the Garage.

I just picked up one of my Dream Bikes tonight. After getting back into bikes 3 years ago, I finally landed one of my non Zooki bikes I've had on my "Wanted" list. This will be my third Yammy, I've ever owned. My first bike ever was a candy apple red '82 400 Special I bought in '83. Mom and Pops would never cosign for a bike when I was young, so I bought the 400 for $400 cash and rode it for a couple of years, till I gave it away.

It was a tad small for me, so later when I got the urge to ride again, my wife Bonnie surprised me in '93 with another Yammy. A Maroon fully loaded '83 Venture, that had ben a neighor fathers bike. I had know idea what to do to get it going, so we sold it for what we paid fo it.

Now another 10 years later, here I go again with another red Yammy. Shes not running and need the basics gone over after setting in the garage for the last 12 years. I'll have to say beside my wife 550T, this is the best looking bike I've gotten my hands on. Here are a couple of picts I took at the gas station on the way home. I'll take some better photos tomorrow, so here are a couple of teasers.

GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Nice bike. I know it's early morning but those pics are pretty fuzzy. Lookin' forward to more pics. Congrats!

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I like the lines.
      Looks like it will crank!

Comment

Congrats..Nice bike.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I'v always dug those fj's, and it looks like you found yourself a nice one. Enjoy! looking forward to the pictures.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Very nice bike. Back in the early 90's one of my best friends had a '90 FJ1200 while I had an '88 CB1000F (Hurricane). We both had Corbin seats and aftermarket slip-ons, Yosh on the FJ, Supertrapp on the Hurricane. We took many trips on those bikes and both were rock solid. We never had any issues whatsoever. We switched bikes often and the FJ was a great bike. It had more pull down low than the 'Cane but I think the 'Cane had better top end and handled a bit better. The Yamaha was a bit buzzy but not enough that I would call it annoying. I would gladly own one.

Thanks,
            Joe
            IBA# 24077
            '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
            '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
            '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Interesting that you post this as I was just thinking about FJs this morning lying in bed. It is a bike I have also always wanted but have not yet obtained...but its in the plans. I like them so much that a few years ago i picked up a Haynes manual and have studied it cover to cover over the years.

The plan is that I'm trading my GS550 for an FZ750 this year and I thought that my next move would be to an FJ1200. I might even get a bit of an FJ before that as the clipons on the FZ are down low and swapping to those from an FJ will raise things up about 2 inches which might help take the strain off my back (I anticipate I will have with this bike as there is a pronounced forward lean).

As I'm only "allowed" one bike at a time now I have to do things in stages but an FJ is going to be one of those stages sooner or later.

Thanks for sharing and more pics please. Enjoy.

Spyug

Comment

Nice looking bike, but that seat for me would cause and emergency stop at Walgreens for cream for my 21st digit- ye ole roid!!!!!!!

Comment

A buddy of mine bought one last year, he had one back in the day.

I took it for a couple of rides. It's an incredibly smooth ride. However, the steering was very strange to me. It was like I was fighting the bike at moderate speeds, while turning.

Almost like someone was pushing on the bar in the opposite direction I wanted to go. I have no idea whether this is characteristic of this model, or if somehing is wrong with it.

Overall, great bike and comfortable too!

Comment

I Likey Too!!!

Yes, please more pictures.
                    AS for the buzz, get the crank ballanced along with the internals. Undercut second gear and put a bigger oil cooler. They run hot!
                    Laters
                    G
                    sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
                    2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
                    Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
                    '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

Working...
                    X