How to make a small Fortune racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make a small Fortune racing

How to make a small Fortune racing? Start with a huge Fortune, Haha. Sorry guys made me laugh as I have been ordering parts like I'm nuts getting bike fresh for the race season.

To true!
    waiting on parts also
    How many bikes you builden? I got one done tryin to get two more done before April.
    My stable
    84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
    85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
    88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
    98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
    90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
    06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
    00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

Sprout,
      Hows the slider coming? I am still chasing a oil leak, but other than that things are working out. Let me know if you are going to get rid of the MPS air thing a mabob. Send some pics when you can...
      Curt
      Last edited by bellucci; 03-22-2013, 01:17 PM. Reason: grammar
      sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

I just got the bike in the garage last week. Between work and the weather held me up a bit. Bike was in the trailer in back yard. Frozen into the ground. Had to lay plywood down and roll it to the garage, Haha. Made a super handy motor stand out of a car stand. I bought some parts found one of the piston has gauling inside the hole for the pin. Bummed me out, now need to order pistons to match my block. Oh well. Live and learn. Bell, going to keep the air shifter, I'm running auto shift with the air. Street, lucky its only one bike I'm working on. For now any how, haha. Hopfully I can just add fresh gas to my street bike and go.

Comment

How do I add pictures from my cell phone?

Comment

Sprout, you can hone that pin hole in the piston. I do it all the time. Ray.

Comment

Re: pics from phone...I think you have to send them to a photosharing site first, or send them to my email or yours and then get them on a desk computer... There are smarter people tham me when it comes to this. If you want to send them to my phone, 847-334-1688... I can play with them from work...
              Curt

Comment

small fortune is better than no fortune.

apr 27~28 is my first points race -- was trying to get 3 bike all together - But I'll be lucky to get 1 and have it tested before competition. Good thing I have over a month to tidy things up after the first eevent.

I'm waiting on custom CP piston and a crank from pearson...

I have 3 sets of sump snorkels and oil pans that I am modifying today

got the 33 smoothbores fired up and still need 1 step richer pilot ...

delay boxes are legal in our class again hooray!!!! crossing over with out cross talk and knowing how to set the box is a secret talent of mine..

bought 3 chains and realized buying parts for 3 machines at once is a big pill to swallow.
                SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Wishing everybody here a safe and prosperous year. Go get em boys.

Comment

Thanks
                    Curt

Comment

Tripp, three bikes sound like a handful. Are they for back up or you having others ride them? I was just looking at parts I collected. I have enough to build two motors, but I have more money into one motor then I do in the running race bike that I bought, Haha. WTH? Haha. Oh well its been like a man style Xmas every week, Haha.

Comment

#1 is my box/slider / car tire for div3 summit points rte.66 and GLD
                        #2 is a pro street 9:50 index DOT tire type bike
                        #3 is a beginner 14 second barebone slapper.

at certain races I can ride 2 of them -- and the other is for spoiling points and making the number to raise payout.

sometimes it pays to take a collection from the other racers and put a warm body on a bike. them winner goes from 350 up to 500 .. 5 guys pay $10 and winner gets 150 more.

good luck everyone get out there and do your best!!
                        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I might have an extra warm body... Do we have to get a NHRA number? And is it ok if he had a heart attack last summer? Maybe he is not so warm.........
                          Curt

Comment

Working...
                          X