Air shifter/ignition kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air shifter/ignition kill

I was wondering if anyone has some pictures of how they mounted/built their brackets for the air cylinder.

GS1100/1000?

Also, the ignition kill, did you all wire it to the o/w wire from the kill switch to the coils?

Just kill power to the coils only
    Here is a pic of how I mount them I do it the same on my GS1150 also there is a pic of it in my photo album
    My stable
    84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
    85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
    88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
    98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
    90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
    06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
    00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

Originally posted by stetracer View Post
      Just kill power to the coils only
      Here is a pic of how I mount them I do it the same on my GS1150 also there is a pic of it in my photo album
      Yeah that picture don't help much, I need to see it on like an 81 GS1100, or similar frame. The shifter is just outside the frame about 2 inches. Im sure I can get it to work, but problably not the easiest or best way.

Comment

Send me an email I will take some pictures of my bike. You can repost them here after I send them to you. I have not had luck posting pictures here. I only use my phone now days. ekim651@gmail.com

Comment

many different ways to do it

top pic you can put the coils on a relay and kill that way, but I prefer to just interrupt the dyna S plate with the MRE unit and leave the coils hot.

The air ram you have to measure a few things before you mount anything. It also has to be loose and wiggly not solid mounted

welding a tab onto or drilling a hole thru the shift lever is a choice

having the ram half way in the stroke and where shift leverage is strong enough to get you into 3rd with only 80psi is what I shoot for.

Pull or push there are different ways to do this - Ill post other pictures.
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

cant find may shifter pix

SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Tripp, looks like one of your pictures you're using a four way flasher style relay? I had one on my bike. It gave me a bunch of trouble last yr. Took me two races before I figured it out and rewired the intire bike. I have looked into running different relay, one without mecanical connections. Solid state relays.

Comment

Heey... That bike in the last picture looks familiar...
                Curt
                sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Thought about using a Dyna shiftcounter? Gets rid of the plunger kill and most of the airlines. you would need a electric/air valve and a momentay button switch along with the shiftcounter.
                  Dip switches set the engine kill time and has leds to indicate what gear.

Comment

Originally posted by madjack57754 View Post
                    Thought about using a Dyna shiftcounter? Gets rid of the plunger kill and most of the airlines. you would need a electric/air valve and a momentay button switch along with the shiftcounter.
                    I made that switch on my bike after a couple years and it was a great improvement.

And here is the air shift mounting.

Miss that bike...
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      I made that switch on my bike after a couple years and it was a great improvement.

And here is the air shift mounting.

Miss that bike...
                      i miss her too but get to make a couple runs on her soon.

Comment

Originally posted by madjack57754 View Post

The MPS air shifter Im looking at has the box for ignition kill, just was wondering if I run the wire to the signal sides of the coils, still running stock ignition and coils.

Comment

Working...
                        X