Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Only A Motorcycle

Hey Everyone,

Not like I'm on here a lot but I figured I'd share the news that I am moving to California in Mid April and starting a new job with Pacific Gas & Electric. One of the things I sold was Oldbike (79 GS425L) so I won't be blogging about that anymore. I am planning on going moto-only out there so I decided to start a blog to write about those experinces and to talk about the whole adventure of moving out west.

I've written the first entry if you'd like to check it out :-)

Keep FULL coverage at all times on it..collision, theft, vandalism...the full monty.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Ahh so there are jobs in California... I thought it was all doom & gloom here

I manage with a motorcycle only for 90% of the time...
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

If you want a old bike get one while in the Midwest. The west coast has fewer and pricier bikes. If you are doing city riding then I would recommend a super moto style of bike for the city.
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

The 1150 has been my sole transportation for years now.

Comment

Welcome to the crazy coast!

Glad to have you out here. What part of California are you moving to? There are TONS of great riding roads out here, north or south.

Mad

Comment

I'm moving to The Bay Area (Vacaville specifically). There are ALWAYS jobs in the utility industry :-) It will be a while before I can get a new project bike. We'll be renting a house when my Wife gets out here until she decides what she is going to do and then maybe readjusting our location after that so I'll wait for a while and hope to find a deal in CA I'm pretty lucky that way.

I also have an update from my new blog: I fabricate an add-on for my handy rack to accomodate the new soft luggage

Comment

Your rack addition looks like a well thought out design and I assume it's made of steel. You'll do fine on a bike in that area for 98% of the year if you don't mind a bit of rain at times. Fairfeild/Vacaville area can get a bit windy and there are times when flooding will accur. When I ride through the Bay Area I'm made quickly aware that my defensive driving skills need to be brought to a higher level than my present country living skill set. I lived in the East Bay for 22 years and for about 3 years commuted to SF on a GS400. If your working and commuting in the general Vacaville area, piece of cake, but if your going to a heavier traffic area, it can get clogged up daily. What general feild are going to be working in? Good luck and be careful.

Charlie G
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                X