No longer a project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No longer a project

Finally, Other than some more gold plating it's together, it's dialed in and it needs nothing more.

I give you, the "Tin Can"

Yikes, that's scary looking. Nice but scary. No front brake!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me its just for show right?

Good work none the less.

Cheers,
    Spyug

Comment

Awesome looking bike! Great work!

Scudder

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
        Yikes, that's scary looking. Nice but scary. No front brake!!!!!!!!!! Tell me its just for show right?
        Originally a 1200, now 1345. 9 1/2:1 Wiseco's Stroker rods & wheels, Crane Fireball cam, Barnett clutch. It ain't a GS (at least not a 1000 or up), but will keep up with most modern Harleys. No front brake = Regulation chopper.

Comment

That's a mighty fine looking chopper!
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Thanks. I haven't loved a bike like this since I bought my Katana offa the showroom floor in '82.

Comment

Beautiful Panhead! Congrats. Aftermarket wishbone frame?
              Last edited by 6pkrunner; 04-03-2013, 07:08 AM.
              1983 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by 6pkrunner View Post
                Beautiful Panhead! Congrats. Aftermarket wishbone frame?
                Nope, the original Wishbone frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Zim View Post
                  Nope, the original Wishbone frame.
                  Wow - the gooseneck area looks real clean.
                  And no one would be upset with more pictures.
                  1983 GS1100E

Comment

Cool lookin but how the h**l do ya stop it?

Comment

Originally posted by 6pkrunner View Post
                      Wow - the gooseneck area looks real clean.
                      And no one would be upset with more pictures.
                      I thought you'd never ask.

Comment

I got to ask this question. How could someone who loved & baught a "82" Katana off the showroom get connected with something like that. I understand there's people who like either of them, but don't see anything about a Katana that would catch the eye of someone riding something like that, nor can I see what a Katana nut would see in that bike. I don't have a problem with it, just wondering what or where the connection would be. Just sayin
                        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

When I was a kid I seen that bike in the showroom and my knees went weak. I hadda be the one out front, I was the one you didn't pass...Ever. That bike insured I was the fastest kid on the block, for many years. I bought it when I was twenty. In '96 when I was thirty-four and got my third DWI and a ten year loss of license. The bike went into the garage for ten years. In that time (actually that day, April 3rd, 1996) I quit drinking, got ten years older and calmed down somewhat. In '06 when I got my license back I rolled my old pal outta the garage and started riding again. Went to NH bike week like I had every year since '88. About a fifteen hundred mile week. By the time I got back, I felt like an old guy on a young guys bike. I always liked Harleys and they're even a part of the reason I started to ride in the first place. When I was little I'd see guys from my local outlaw MC rippin' down the road on loud bikes and thought "yeah, that's me someday"
                          But by the time I was old enough to ride speed was my first priority. When I was seventeen my first legally registered bike was an H-2.
                          I still like to wheelie, but I ain't gotta go a hundred and fifty no more.

Comment

I knew there was an explination. Congrats on the April 3, 1996. H-2 to that bike even harder to believe than Katana.
                            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Still got the mousetrap! Very nice, very nice indeed! A rigid Pan or Knuck is a thing of beauty. Use it daily in the good weather?
                              1983 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
                              X