Bonneville salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonneville salt

Yesterday I took a drive up to a friend's house/shop to look at a pals 1100F.(he hurt the motor) My friend is an engineer/Fer/ & CBXer. He also is on a world record Bonneville team. The fellas were working on thier 750cc supercharger methonal burning Triumph for this Aug assault on the salt. It was a gas to meet & visit with Roosevelt Lackey. He has raced the salt since 1969. He is 74 yrs old. The bike IS A WEAPON! & the fuel smelled GREAT!!!! Ken Sperry is the owner builder tuner(& a CB1100Fer & friend) Here are a couple of links on these guys.

Need I say that I really really want to go with them this year

Watch 70-year-old Roosevelt Lackey race his motorcycle in the Bonneville Salt Flats.

That clip really shows the comraderie of the Salt riders.
    John, you should go and cross it off the bucket list of both of us.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Pretty lucky to meet those fellas for sure. A good day indeed.
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I rode my GS1000G out to El Mirage dry lake to watch speed trials last August. The wind came up, and it was curtailed after we watched a dozen or co runs. Lots of off beat innovation. Saw a Model A Ford powered streamliner approach 250 mph. Lots of interesting stuff in the land speed record crowd. Open and friendly, too.
        Last edited by 850 Combat; 04-07-2013, 12:55 PM.
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Thought of the movie "World's Fastest Indian" when I saw the title of this thread (great movie by the way).

Sounds like you had an awesome time. Memories for a lifetime!

Comment

Working...
          X