Any plans for going to 'Da Grove soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any plans for going to 'Da Grove soon?

Last October I got to meet "Bellucci" and would like to meet others and get a chance to observe, pick brains and learn a little while I'm still getting my bike prepped for it's debut in the near future. Are the usual suspects planning an weeknight T&T trip to Union Grove soon?

as soon as the weather gives us a chance. A few of us have a trip to the ADRL at cordova may 18 scheduled too.

Can't promise a 5 day notice about T&T but first points days are 4-27 / 28 GLD .. wife and I will definately be there.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      I will try to make the race on the 28th. I have some other things going on that day but, they put me in the neighborhood so a couple hours at the track might be squeezed in. If you plan an evening T&T, even if it's last minute, post it in this thread. If I'm free, I should be able to make it up to the Grove on short notice, no sweat.
      Looking forward to a long and fun season. Go fast and race safe!

Comment

We will be watching for you...
        Curt
        sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

I made it up to the track about 3 PM, just in time to see a few semi and final runs including the bike semi and final. I took a quick cruise around the pits and didn't see Curt or any GS 1100's so obviously I missed you guys. The winner had won on Saturday too and was on a Kawasaki. At that point there were about half a dozen T&T bikes and cars and I watched a few of those runs and headed for home.
          Post up the next time you'll be up there on a weeknight. I'm anxious to meet you all and get a look at your bikes and see them run.

Comment

We were behind the blue barn. I was there till 3:30. The area between the long staging area and the parking lot is Trips favorite parking spot... The race you saw was between Trip and a Silver Busa. Trips bike is white and black now... Trip lost by .002 of a second. It was a nice afternoon weather wise. By the way, I am hoping the weather holds for Sunday. I am looking forward to it. I am in Lake Zurich, so I probably won't be heading east to meet at the Full Moon. But I hope to be at the Fairgrounds...
            Curt

Comment

Trying for the Grove this Thursday... Weather might be a little cool, but thats ok by me... Will update Wednesday at 4 p.m.
              Curt

Comment

Weather looks crappy for tomorrow... Reschedule to Sunday. Time runs available all day including Nostalgia funny cars,rails,jets, and Memorial day festivities. I will have some fun...
                Curt

Comment

Curt,
                  What kind of times did you turn on Sunday? Anyone get a video you could post?...All I saw all weekend was race team rigs and racers milling around hoping the rain would stop at the hotel! The track was so wet by Sunday morning they decided to postpone to September and make Labor day a double header!

Comment

So I sneaked up to Union Grove last night and ran into Trip and one of our members going pretty quick. I won't tell you his name but he races a 1500 Red and White 1150 style. He ran 8.30's in a just freshened up motor. I finally got the gremlins out of my electrical system and ran 9.40's. Mr. Wizard made it up just in time to do 1 run before the clouds rolled in. So, Saturday and Sunday are the monthly bracket races and the place should be packed. I can't make Saturday, but Sunday for sure.. See you at the track
                    Curt

Comment

grove bracket racing

looking good throwing that clutch!!!

trying to build the bike class around here -- I have free passes available. I can get 3 people in with me per day to spectate --

Comment

I thru the clutch lever too soon... Red light first round. I still had fun... Next big weekend is July 13-14... Hope to be there both days.
                        Curt

Comment

just took a pro street bike into the super garage that has not ran in 8 years...

I love it when people bring me fast bikes to tune and ride...

Comment

over 30 bikes last Thursday hope the weather holds out for tomorrow.

Bellucci and I will be there along with all the boys from REDLINE.

Comment

Working...
                            X