1988 Harley - spit shine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 Harley - spit shine...

Well here is my other, other project that I needed to get done before the start of this riding season....

sorry not a whole lot of pictures of before, but to start off the bike was not that bad and just needed a lot of polishing, waxing, and over all cleaning, a few trouble spots, where the paint cracked and flaked off will be just touched up, over all the bike is not in too bad of condition, and the owner did not want to sped a ton of cash for a full tear down and rebuild, so it was done with most parts left on the bike...

some pictures...

just hosed down, soap and water, and a sponge bath...

parts are coming off and being polished

mirrors were bad, but got them back somewhat...

front fender

cont...

And a wee bit more...

tank before

and after

getting there....

Well tha's it for now....

Still a bit to go, but should be done by next weekend

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post

Looking good, but that seat looks a bit more uncomfortable than most.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
        Well here is my other, other project that I needed to get done before the start of this riding season....

sorry not a whole lot of pictures of before, but to start off the bike was not that bad and just needed a lot of polishing, waxing, and over all cleaning, a few trouble spots, where the paint cracked and flaked off will be just touched up, over all the bike is not in too bad of condition, and the owner did not want to sped a ton of cash for a full tear down and rebuild, so it was done with most parts left on the bike...

some pictures...

just hosed down, soap and water, and a sponge bath...

parts are coming off and being polished

mirrors were bad, but got them back somewhat...

front fender

Never could figure the weird GSR Harley antagonism. Maybe it's some kind of reaction to some Harley guys bashing Japanese bikes.

Harleys certainly have limitations; I'm not a fan of those buckhorn handle bars. But they are fun bikes to ride and I enjoy the older tech of pushrods and air cooling.

Good job on what looks like will be a very nice bike. Thanks for posting the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Looking good, but that seat looks a bit more uncomfortable than most.

Ya if I left it that way, it would not be so good on any type of ride...

I have it off, as it's being cleaned and conditioned tight now, it has seen better days....as has the backrest....

windshield has to go on as well, but that will be this week sometime

Comment

Originally posted by Ecklund View Post
            Never could figure the weird GSR Harley antagonism. Maybe it's some kind of reaction to some Harley guys bashing Japanese bikes.

Harleys certainly have limitations; I'm not a fan of those buckhorn handle bars. But they are fun bikes to ride and I enjoy the older tech of pushrods and air cooling.

Good job on what looks like will be a very nice bike. Thanks for posting the pics.
            Thanks....

trying to do my best, she don't need it showroom condition, but enough to make it look OK, say from 3 feet away....LOL

Comment

Working...
            X