Drag racing leathers 360 or 3/4 zipper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag racing leathers 360 or 3/4 zipper

I was wondering about running a 2 piece leather suit. The one Im looking at has a 3/4 waist zipper. I heard I needed a 360 zipper, but not too many places offer that in a premade suit.

What are the indexs for suit requirements?
    >120 MPH leather jacket and pants, but they have to zip together yet?

I would guess I would be running low 11's at around 120mph.

According to the NHRA rulebook, the rider on any bike that goes 120 MPH or faster must have a full leather suit. Two peice suits are required to have the pants and jacket joined by a full 360 zipper.
    If you have a suit that has a 3/4 zipper you should be able to take it to any good tailor that works with leather, upholtery shop or shoe shop and have a full 360 zipper sewn in for a reasonable price. Shop around for the best price.

Comment

Im waiting on a quote from Barnacle Bill, seems us fat guys have to custom order. I found a few 2 piece suits overseas but I just don't know if I trust them. Maybe I'll just make sure I don't go that fast.

Comment

A 3/4 zipper should be fine as long as it is metal and not plastic. Most tracks that you will be racing at (Bandimere, Douglas, Sturgis)only look to see that they zip and the zipper material. If you want new leathers, look at MPS bracket race leathers http://www.mpsracing.com/products/MPS/leathers.asp. Great starter leathers for a decent cost.

Comment

Originally posted by madjack57754 View Post
          A 3/4 zipper should be fine as long as it is metal and not plastic. Most tracks that you will be racing at (Bandimere, Douglas, Sturgis)only look to see that they zip and the zipper material. If you want new leathers, look at MPS bracket race leathers http://www.mpsracing.com/products/MPS/leathers.asp. Great starter leathers for a decent cost.
          Hey Jack, I been looking at those, but just not sure a 52 size would be enough, I have a 54 jacket now and its not tight, but not as loose as I'd like it. I better start eating, errr well not eating more, or at least eating right. The IDON Overloard jacket and pants at my cost I can get for about $550, they are a 3/4 zipper, just don't know yet if a metal zipper.

Comment

try these guys too.
            At TopGearLeather.com, our comprehensive range of products include excellent quality Perrini leather motorcycle racing suits, leather pants & chaps, motorcycle jackets & more. You can also get your custom racing suit designed from us.

Most, if they list YKK zippers are metal

Comment

Originally posted by madjack57754 View Post
              try these guys too.
              At TopGearLeather.com, our comprehensive range of products include excellent quality Perrini leather motorcycle racing suits, leather pants & chaps, motorcycle jackets & more. You can also get your custom racing suit designed from us.

Most, if they list YKK zippers are metal
              Yeah, I just found them as well, they make the ones MPS sells. $400 shipped for a custom build all black. I can live with that.

Comment

Working...
              X