Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE Honda CBR 600 Cafe Sport project... GAP Eater!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE Honda CBR 600 Cafe Sport project... GAP Eater!

Hey guys

So about a month ago I used some of my proceeds from a sale of a GS to buy this little guys.

It's a 1990 Honda CBR 600F. I-4 598cc 6 speed. It was a good buy at $1300 ran like a top new brakes, fluids, plugs, chain, valves adjusted, sprockets, air filter, carb clean the whole nine. I rode it 150 miles home noticed it was running lean midrange but other then that the bike ran fantastic, tight, quick start, very quick acceleration, and cruised at 85-90mph no problem. 37k miles on the clock but fine by me, for the year it means it was run 1500-2k miles a year. Just enough from it fouling out from sitting too much and not too many miles to be burnt out. I bought it from the son of the original owner who loved the bike just wanted to move on to something bigger. Both him and his dad were religous with maintenance he said, and it ran it. I rode it, loved how it felt and decided hell I'll give it a whirl, I heard these bike well maintained go well into the 100k mile range and it's a HONDA.

So I brought it home and decided to make a cafe fighter out of it... about a month later it came out of the garage today looking like this.

Customized gauges from a GS750L I had... Using the GS lights (fuel gauge doesn't work since there is no sending unit in a stock CBR600) Used the old gauge buckets with the CBR gauges in them. It works and looks ok... I think I'll end up using a different cluster down the road but this one cost me nothing.... Just some wire stripping.

the D&D can is in pretty good shape for clearly being older then sin

So that's my now in good running condition CBR600 Cafe!

It's mostly stock. I installed a Dyno Jet kit into it and it runs fantastic with it. Much more power in the mid range. Bike gets up and goes! I can't believe how snappy it is for a 600. It's just an awesome little machine!!!

I checked the Valves because "to measure is to know" and sure enough everything was in spec. I had the motor out to paint it for I didn't want to keep it the stock unpolished Aluminum.

Decals will be in the cards. Just wasn't looking to spend big $$$ in it. Wanted a cheap quick little sport Cafe to have fun on. this bike is just that!

Anyway thought I would share!

-Jedz
    Last edited by Jedz123; 05-01-2013, 04:07 PM.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

PIcs from tonight's ride...

This Bike is SOOOooo much fun to ride. It's down to the basics, wind in your face, crouched on the tank and just giving it all she's got... It's a fast 600 for sure but still just a 600 and it just a blast to wring that throttle and crouch and go! It's got the perfect ergonomics for a cafe racer. the engine is very racy but completely mellow in 6th for cruising. The bike is LOUD almost too loud but it's not my daily ride so I'll manage LOL. Raw and basic, that's what it is... And I love this little thing. It's not quite legal so once it's 100% I'll be taking it out for some long jaunts and run a few tanks through it in one sitting. Hoping I can get it all set by Sunday for I plan on doing a little ride with my buddies. This little CBR600 will give their FZ6's a run for their money... It's that quick!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Nice looking bike.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Sporty !!
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
        X