Next generation racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next generation racer

We went to the track last night to have one of my friend's granddaughters try out her new bike. We had her on a small tire bike a couple times last year but the bike was a little to tall for her and a little too much bike. This bike is slammed. It's capable of 8.20s and is on the stops the entire length of the track. Deck height is about 60 in the hole.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

WOW, how old is she? I'll bet she is walking tall!!!

Comment

She's a Jr in high school. She was pretty excited last year when she finally got to ride.

1st pass
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

2nd pass
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM7dto0t8SU

That video is with the timing turned down and the stops all out. Those two passes took a toll on her and I was not sure she would want to ride again. Later that day we had a young man pass away when he crossed up and hit the wall.

We were looking for the bike to run low 10s to get her started. At first, the bike was setup so lame it would not leave. We turned it up a little and she asks me if it's going to take her head off. We both explained it was not setup for a pro tree and she would be fine. You can see how it threw her into the upper seat on the first pass. The second pass was so much cleaner.

Indy is coming up and she will have plenty of opportunity to get some seat time there. If it all goes well, she may get to race in PET.

Comment

So that makes her fourteen?
        Very cool.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          So that makes her fourteen?
          Very cool.
          Junior in high school equals about 17
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

At 17ish, she's a late bloomer. I used to ride with her on the pit bikes with me. Then taught her to work the shift lever and as she got older, I let her start driving. Once she could ride, she would drive the pit bikes down to pick up the rider. She is too small to push a bike so she would ride the car tire bikes back being pushed. Eventually, she wanted to try and drive one...

Her cousin ran Prostar before having a drivers license. At 17 he had won a couple of track championships. This video was from a few years ago when he picked up his NHRA prostock license.

About a year later riding a friends old prostock bike.

They are both good kids and growing up fast.

Comment

Very cool... good to see her age bracket out there...
              Curt
              sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Kid broke into the 200s last weekend.

Comment

WOW, I'll bet she is BEAMING

Comment

How many others in her class can honestly say they have driven over 200 mph?

And not had blue lights following them in the process?

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

That slip should be preserved somehow.
                      Outstanding!
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I should have been clear. That's the boy riding. She's not ready to ride something like this just yet.

Comment

Boy set a new record in Pro Street last weekend. Girl also did well, knocking out several respected racers.

Comment

Well that was fun to watch.
                            All the runs on the clip looked so similar and smooth.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

His dad taught him well. It will be interesting to see how it plays out for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X