Desireable, Collectable and Pricey!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desireable, Collectable and Pricey!!

I thought it would be interesting to have a thread to discuss pricing on these old classic bikes.

As some of you may know, I recently sold a 1980 Cooley for a decent price.

It sold for a price that I think was fair market value. I also think this particular bike has room to increase in value.

1) Are there certain bikes you think are going to explode in value?

2) How about those Kawasaki prices.....20K!!?

3) Do you think the 30 year theory is what really drives a good portion of the classic bike market?

The Cooley's, ELR's, KR RZ's, Z1'z and the Kawi triples without question will remain solid investments in the years to come. As far as potential and room to for increase, I think the 85-86 Honda VF1000R , 80-81 GS 1100, 81-83 GPZ's and the early GSXR's will probably gain some ground in value as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
      The Cooley's, ELR's, KR RZ's, Z1'z and the Kawi triples without question will remain solid investments in the years to come. As far as potential and room to for increase, I think the 85-86 Honda VF1000R , 80-81 GS 1100, 81-83 GPZ's and the early GSXR's will probably gain some ground in value as well.
      Couldn't agree more regarding the VF1000R.

When I was searching comps for your bike, I was seeing what I consider bargain prices.

Comment

My guesstimate would be on the '86-'88 GSXR.
        imho the BIG prices are brought by bikes that were of significance. The early CB750, Z1, Kawi triples started performance eras.
        A lot of the '79-'86ish era of GS, CB, and KZ prices are being driven by guys our age reliving/replacing what we had 30 years ago.
        The early GSXR fits into the significance part by being one of the first truly lightweight, fast, race replicas. I think the next batch of "the kids are out of the house, time to look at bikes again" buyers will want to look at the Gixxers.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Good subject matter here, and agree with previous posters re select models. According to this article in CMM, the term "relevant" is... uh, relevant. A 1990 ZZ-R fetching $15K in the not-so-distant future? Anyone's guess.

(btw: cover of this particular CMM features a Ducati Monster as the "new" desirable classic, as the model turned a decrepit 20 years old this year; man i feel old...)

'80 GS1000ST
          '92 ZX-11
          Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

I desire and value my bikes more than I do most people...thats all I know!!!!
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
            X