79 yamaha 1100xs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 yamaha 1100xs

didn't expect this one to come my way, i'm in the middle of a gs 1100 project, BUT I can't say no for too many reasons. This was my uncles baby, he absolutely loved that bike. He was like a second dad to me and I always remember seeing his eyes light up when it was even mentioned. He passed a couple months ago at 45 years young from cancer. I really thought my family would fight over this bike. But I got news a couple of days ago that I can pick it up in a few weeks. I have to resist my never ending temptation to modify things and restore to factory condition, wouldn't be right otherwise. This bike has been sitting for over 15 years so every bit of rubber is likely shot, but it has been in a garage, covered, so hopefully nothing major. I'll post pics as soon as I pick it up.

Sorry for your loss but it sounds like your family knows where the bike should go.A tragic way to get it but I'm sure you will do your uncle proud.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, way to young ,i have always liked those bikes , post some pics when you pick it up ,Brian

Comment

i should be able to pick it up in a couple weeks, have to wait until the rest of the garage has been cleared out. thanks fo the kind words, sucked having him go but he's basically immortal, one of those people that left such a good example that he'll never be gone. honestly i'm ridiculously excited about this, kind of one of those ways to reconnect to him and share the love of bikes that seems to have been genetic.

Comment

Theres a Chinese [proverb thats says this..

" No man is very truly dead until the last man on earth that has ever heard his name is also dead".
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

chinese philosophy.....always simple yet always true.

Comment

Working...
            X