Custom/replacement parts- group purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom/replacement parts- group purchases

In the process of converting my GS1000G to fuel injection, I have learned how to make more parts using an online machine shop. I draw the part and get a price estimate. Any number of materials are available, such as aluminum, nylon, and steel. If I can get dimensions, I can usually draw the part.

The first thing I ever made with it were some stainless brake pistons for an ST1100. Now for the GS I've made a trigger wheel for a Microsquirt ignition. Here is one example drawing:

The cost to make 1 part is usually very high, but if say 5 or more people need the same thing, it would likely be cost-effective. As such, this would need to be a group purchase scenario. To give an example, one of the trigger wheels above is about $100. If I can make/sell 5, they could be sold for a fraction of this, perhaps $30.

The nice thing about customization is that it will work where other stuff will not, or not as easily. The trigger wheel I have designed will press onto the OEM trigger tooth and use the stock pickup.

I'm offering this as a sideline type of service to share my abilities. I'll need to make a few bucks on any deal, as like most I cannot give stuff away.

PM me or reply here if interested.
Working...
X